Your proudest moment or achievement.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your proudest moment or achievement.

Why don't you step up and take a bow. Personally I'd be interested to know.

Re: Your proudest moment or achievement.

When I asked my girl out :) Still happy and strong :)

Comment

My proudest moment has got to be the birth of my son, followed closely by getting married and graduating from Marine Boot Camp. Graduating from federal law enforcement academy would come in fourth. Nothing that is particularly motivating to anyone else, but these are all moments that gave me that feeling that inspired the phrase "bursting with pride". Y'know, when you have a difficult time not jumping in the air and shouting something, anything, at the top of your lungs?
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by eternal
        You never mentioned yours...
        If enough people can get around the thought that I'm asking and post, I might indulge...

Comment

The younger you are the harder it is really. For me it would be passing all my exams and getting into uni or getting my drivers license after numerous attempts, although when I get married and have kids I'm sure that will be a prouder moment.

Comment

in a congregation of 800, my father is an elder and shares most of my name. one a certain Sunday, (Easter Sunday... obviously one of the busiest days in a church) there were approximately 1300 ppl in attendance.) Pastor from the pulpit decided to announce that in 12 years of ministry dealing with computers, I was the only person to ever make a computer that his wife could not break. That I was the only person he would ever turn to in this area to handle any computer related issue, and would suggest that everyone else follow his lead. He has singlehandedly made my business what it is, and now when anyone says Steve Hoffman, they think of me and not my father, who is in a very respected and distinguished position of leadership. I have since told everyone, even though I am not a jr., (our middle names differ, as do mine and my son's.... the first and last are all identical on all three) that they should call me that because of the confusion that most of the congregation dwelt in for so long over who Steve Hoffman was. I guess if you were to meet my pastor, this would all hold way more value for you as well, but to be honored by the man that you respect and admire most is truly a proud moment.

sorry for the long winded and detailed account, but just saying "my pastor said I was good at computers" would not have had quite the same impact now would it.
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

My greatest accomplishment would have to be marrying my wife. To make a very long story short, I met the love of my life while studying abroad in College in 1997. When I met her I knew immediately that I would eventually marry her. Three years later, several plane tickets, thousands of e-mails, phone calls and Immigration documents she arrived in the US. That was four years ago and I couldn't be happier especially with our little Squidlet!

My most selfish pride moment is a bit like eternal's. I barely graduated from High School preferring pot and girls to studying. Having no desire to go to College or live anywhere near my Parents I joined the Navy. 5 years of that was enough to discover what I really wanted to do. I started College one week after being discharged and four years later graduated with honors from the University of Colorado Business School. Very proud of that. My parents could hardly believe it.
              New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
                My most selfish pride moment is a bit like eternal's.
                Wow, so you banged his algebra teacher too? Crazy world we live in.....
                Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

My proudest achievement has got to be getting every, and I mean every, teacher at my old school to absolutely hate me. This includes the teachers I was never a student of, and every faculty member besides the janitors. Never call on me when I know might now the answer and make me come up to the board in front of the whole class for hard problems. It got so bad one of the kids one day asked "Why do you hate Matt so much?" and was deducted points for putting her on the spot. There's a bunch of memorable incidents, including how it all got that way. :icon12: True stories.

Comment

When I showed upto pick up the Daughter of a former teacher for the prom. This teacher was the one who told me I would never amount to any thing but a welfare rat looking to score a fix. What made me proud is that he was refused entry into the military. I came to thier door in My class A's(2 yrs older than her).he didn't realise when she told him it was her friends brouther taking her, that it would be me. took her to the prom and the hotel. ;-)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X