X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start checking your electronics purchases

This is beginning to happen more frequently
    (http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/27/k...-ps3-for-xmas/
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/09/b...ed-ipod-boxes/)

It seems that some people working at stores with access to electronics are deciding that their current paycheck isn't enough and that stealing is the next best option.

Just a heads up, when you purchase something from a store, it may be a good idea to start checking that what you bought is what you got. I personally know someone who went out and bought a copy of Super Mario Galaxy and inside was a blank cd, not even labeled. He didn't get a refund because he couldn't prove it wasn't him who had switched it.

Have a happy new year!

Re: Start checking your electronics purchases

This is why I always do two things:
    -never buy anything thats "open box" or "scratch and dent" unless you can inspect and keep your eyes on the item the whole time.
    -open my merchandise in the parking lot and inspect it in full view of the lot cameras, that way if i need a refund they cant pull the bs that they did with your friend, cause i can just tell them to check the security tapes.

Comment

I guess I've been on the lucky end of store screwups. When I bought my PS2, I came in like 5 minutes before the store was closing, and the employees were already starting their end-of-the-day routines. I had to track someone down to open the display cabinet and get me a PS2 out, and she carried it to the register for me while I grabbed a pair of games. I paid with credit so I wasn't paying much attention to the price. When I got home and checked my receipt, I realized the sleepy cashier had forgotten to actually ring up the PS2 at all! They only charged me for the games. I guess since the other employee was holding on to it at the time, they forgot about it.

(Technically I didn't notice the difference until I got my next credit card bill, thought it was strangely low, and went back and doublechecked the receipt, which I had kept. Same result though.)

Comment

You stole a PS2? How deliciously evil.

Comment

I didn't really steal it. It was more like they gave it to me. I considered going back and trying to pay for it a second time, but I was decidedly broke at the time. >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
            I didn't really steal it. It was more like they gave it to me. I considered going back and trying to pay for it a second time, but I was decidedly broke at the time. >.>
            Your going to hell

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
              I guess I've been on the lucky end of store screwups. When I bought my PS2, I came in like 5 minutes before the store was closing, and the employees were already starting their end-of-the-day routines. I had to track someone down to open the display cabinet and get me a PS2 out, and she carried it to the register for me while I grabbed a pair of games. I paid with credit so I wasn't paying much attention to the price. When I got home and checked my receipt, I realized the sleepy cashier had forgotten to actually ring up the PS2 at all! They only charged me for the games. I guess since the other employee was holding on to it at the time, they forgot about it.

(Technically I didn't notice the difference until I got my next credit card bill, thought it was strangely low, and went back and doublechecked the receipt, which I had kept. Same result though.)
              Could I possibly have some of your hair so I can make a good luck charm, and sell it on ebay?

Thats seriously the luckiest thing I've ever heard. Well, up to the point of bodily injuries.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X