word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about
    whether you want the 'politicians' spending
    YOUR tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend,
    but one advertising agency did a good job of
    putting that figure into some perspective in
    one of its releases.

A. A billion seconds ago it was 1959.
    B. A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.
    C. A billion hours ago our ancestors were
    living in the Stone Age.
    D. A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.
    E. A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.

While this thought is still fresh in our brain, let's take a look at New Orleans It's amazing what you can learn with some simple division .

Louisiana Senator, Mary Landrieu (D), is presently asking the Congress for $250 BILLION to rebuild New Orleans Interesting number, what does it mean?

A. Well, if you are one of 484,674 residents of
    New Orleans (every man, woman, child), you
    each get $516,528.
    B. Or, if you have one of the 188,251 homes in
    New Orleans , your home gets $1,329,787.
    C. Or, if you are a family of four, your family
    gets $2,066,012.
    Washington, D.C . HELLO!!! ... Are all your calculators broken??

Tax his land,
    Tax his wage,
    Tax his bed in which he lays.
    Tax his tractor,
    Tax his mule,
    Teach him taxes is the rule.
    Tax his cow,
    Tax his goat,
    Tax his pants,
    Tax his coat.
    Tax his ties,
    Tax his shirts,
    Tax his work,
    Tax his dirt.
    Tax his tobacco,
    Tax his drink,
    Tax him if he tries to think.
    Tax his booze,
    Tax his beers,
    If he cries,
    Tax his tears.
    Tax his bills,
    Tax his gas,
    Tax his notes,
    Tax his cash.
    Tax him good and let him know
    That after taxes, he has no dough.
    If he hollers,
    Tax him more,
    Tax him until he's good and sore.
    Tax his coffin,
    Tax his grave,
    Tax the sod in which he lays.
    Put these words upon his tomb,
    'Taxes drove me to my doom!'
    And when he's gone,
    We won't relax,
    We'll still be after the inheritance TAX!!
    Accounts Receivable Tax
    Building Permit Tax
    CDL License Tax
    Cigarette Tax
    Corporate Income Tax
    Dog License Tax
    Federal Income Tax
    Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
    Fishing License Tax
    Food License Tax
    Fuel Perm it Tax
    Gasoline Tax
    Hunting License Tax
    Inheritance TaxInventory Tax

IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax), IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax), Liquor Tax, Luxury Tax, Marriage License Tax, Medicare Tax, Property Tax, Real Estate Tax, Service charge taxes, Social Security Tax, Road Usage Tax (Truckers), Sales Taxes, Recreational Vehicle Tax, School Tax, State Income Tax, State Unemployment Tax (SUTA), Telephone Federal Excise Tax, Telephone Federal Universal Service Fe e Tax, Telephone Federal, State and Local Su rcharge Tax, Telephone Minimum Usage Su rcharge Tax, Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax, Telephone State and Local Tax, Telephone Usage Charge Tax, Utility Tax, Vehicle License Registration Tax, Vehicle Sales Tax, Water craft Registration Tax, Well Permit Tax, Workers Compensation Tax.

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
    Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,
    and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What happened? Can you spell 'politicians!'
    And I still have to 'press 1' for English.

I hope this goes around THE USA at least 100 times

What the heck happened?????

Re: Understanding our tax's

I really wish there were a rule against posting e-mail forwards in the forum. Received wisdom is tedious and generally unhelpful.
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Comment

Heh.. i didn't get this SPAM but I think it's interesting fodder..
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
        I really wish there were a rule against posting e-mail forwards in the forum. Received wisdom is tedious and generally unhelpful.

well for your info this was posted in my DC teams forum,,,, i thought it was interesting so i thought id post it here...... you didnt have to read it and post anything if you didnt want to. but i guess having something meaningful to say is harder then posting negitive crap isnt it.

Comment

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/trivia/billions.asp

Just saying I've seen it before.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

Well, you could move to South Korea or Mexico if you can't stand paying these "high" taxes in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...centage_of_GDP

Additionally, to put $250 billion intro prospective for you, we are spending $660.9 billion this year on the Department of Defense, Global War on Terror, and Homeland Security alone.

Comment

And if Ron Paul somehow wins, a lot of that will get chopped. It will return to the taxpayers, and the States can then raise their taxes to use it locally. Or the taxpayers can use it to buy stuff and stimulate the economy and create new jobs. Or they can save it, and those who borrow from the banks where it's saved can use it to expand their businesses or buy new homes, again stimulating the economy.
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

It could be worse...
                Since the late 1960s, Sweden has had the highest tax quota (as percentage of GDP) in the industrialized world, although today the difference between other high-tax countries such as France, Belgium and Denmark has narrowed. Sweden has a two step progressive tax scale with a municipal income tax of about 30% and an additional high-income state tax of 2025% when a salary exceeds roughly 300,000 SEK per year. The employing company pays an additional 32% of an "employer's fee". In addition, a national VAT of 25% or 18% is added to many things bought by private citizens, with the exception of food (12% VAT), transportation, and books (6% VAT). Certain items are subject to additional taxes, e.g. electricity, petrol/diesel and alcoholic beverages.
                Speculate that you earn 100k (swedish crowns) each month.
                With the "employer's fee" hidden tax, the government gets 92k and you 40k.
                And that's when you get to start paying $7,5 per gallon for gasoline.
                Your mouse has moved, please restart windows for the change to take effect.

Comment

I don't pay illegal taxes (income).

Comment

Originally posted by Pompa View Post
                    It could be worse...

Speculate that you earn 100k (swedish crowns) each month.
                    With the "employer's fee" hidden tax, the government gets 92k and you 40k.
                    And that's when you get to start paying $7,5 per gallon for gasoline.
                    And yet, it's one of the best place to live in the world based on education, democracy, income and public health.

http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/

Comment

100 years ago we didn't have

Many paved roads
                      A dominate military
                      Good drinking water for just about everybody
                      Human waste being properly disposed of
                      Regulated medical supplies

But we did have
                      Regular flooding in many places that displaced many
                      Droughts that wiped out farmers hard work
                      Children dying from many different diseases
                      Education that was spotty at best

A good portion of the taxes go to things we all enjoy and benefit from. And, yes, a sizable portion goes toward god knows what. Oil companies getting tax breaks when they are? A highway to no place? Rural electrification?

Overall there are programs that could be cut but even then the costs needed to run this country would be in the trillions. There is just no way around it. Things cost money.
                      Im not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                        100 years ago we didn't have

Many paved roads
                        A dominate military
                        Good drinking water for just about everybody
                        Human waste being properly disposed of
                        Regulated medical supplies

But we did have
                        Regular flooding in many places that displaced many
                        Droughts that wiped out farmers hard work
                        Children dying from many different diseases
                        Education that was spotty at best

A good portion of the taxes go to things we all enjoy and benefit from. And, yes, a sizable portion goes toward god knows what. Oil companies getting tax breaks when they are? A highway to no place? Rural electrification?

Overall there are programs that could be cut but even then the costs needed to run this country would be in the trillions. There is just no way around it. Things cost money.
                        So you'd rather have more conveniences over freedom (to speak, think, be and defend yourself as you so decide) and equal taxation? A sizable portion of that money goes to the military industrial complex.. most of it to the aerospace devision. At least 75% of all of our taxes combined is used in defense. There is a way around it.. stop supporting a treasonous government and demand the constitution be re-affirmed as it was before the federal reserve hijacked our country.

Comment

Hah, I wish that much of our taxes went to defense! Not even close. More than 2/3 of our taxes go to entitlement and wealth transfer programs. Do you have any idea how much our military could accomplish if we actually spent that much money on it?

Comment

I'm not a big fan of taxes. One thing to consider however is that the tax dollars doesn't just disappear. All those billions of dollars in taxes spent here means jobs for the US. Just something to consider I guess.

P.s.
                            I didn't mind that it was a posted forwarded e-mail when its interesting. Thanks for the post.

Edit:
                            What really bugs me is how our taxes is administered.

Comment

Originally posted by GlobalWarmin View Post
                              And yet, it's one of the best place to live in the world based on education, democracy, income and public health.

http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/
                              Your mouse has moved, please restart windows for the change to take effect.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X