No announcement yet.

The Monster That Ate Entertainment

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Monster That Ate Entertainment

Thats the title of the article. CNN has been doing the Year In Review series, and while I find most journalism these days to be biased horsehockey, this one tells a great truth: we're a society of people more concerned about Lindsay Lohan's latest DUI arrest than Fmr. Prime Minister Bhutto's assassination.

I highly recommend reading the article and then considering what important news you may have missed this year because Britney's horrid parenting stole front page headlines. With the plethora of crap thats been milling about in 2007, the thing that got me the most was the death of Kurt Vonnegut. Damn that man was a hell of a writer.

Anyway, without further ado:
    (if the link goes bad, let me know, I have the article saved)

Re: The Monster That Ate Entertainment

Robert Jordan also died and there is a hydrogen fuel movement in Southern California that's growing in strength.

There's also a lot of press on the story of individual soldiers abroad. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I'm definately getting jaded hearing about Joe Shmoe #28th harrowing tale of Iraq that differs from Joe Shmoe 1-27 in only the name.

Locally a pair of kids decided setting fires were fun and thought setting fire to the local chapter of VOFW (Veterns of Foreign Wars) would be cool. Along with several hundreds of thousands in damages to the building and surrounding area, articles counted lost included personal effects/awards/pictures of soldiers who have died fighting for this country in the past. The building can be rebuilt eventually, but a picture of friends lost overseas is gone forever. This was on the 7th page of the newspaper with the top story being a hispanic family sueing a home owner for tearing down the concrete memorial the family built on their front lawn without permission because the family's cousin was killed in a car accident (being drunk and without a licence to boot).

The first story is saddening and impacts many people. The second is just stupid, but hot topic with the large hispanic population in the area.

Stupid news, stupid media, and stupid people.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Re: The Monster That Ate Entertainment

That article, however true, seemed to me like it was endorsing the fact that these news corporations just fill our ears and eyes with junkfood for the brain and then they have the balls to tell us that they do, to our faces, and expect us to feel bad.

I don't even watch tv! I can't. If I do for more than an hour the axons in my nerves begin to vaporize.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed