Problems with the neighbors.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with the neighbors.

So about mid summer of 07' new neighbors moved in the the house across the street from me. The house had history of other bad neighbors prior and was the only house to sell in the area for over 15 years.

The problem is their kid is about 17 and is popular. I think he originally was in this area, but moved to new house because next to immediately he had friends over, lots of friends.

So they started throwing beer cans and bottles or boxes the beer came in, into my side lawn. Along with any simple piece of trash. Come new years night the bottles just appeared 20-30 ft onto my property, which today I had picked up, and this leads me to believe it is not a simple toss now, but some effort is being put in.

Since they are mostly under 18 and in the United States the drinking age is 21, I think they don't want to be caught.

Now what should I do about this, I could simply inform the parents whom may not care, I could report them to the police, or I can sit and wait for them to have a party and completely bust them by calling the police while they are doing it.

The last option may also catch the pot heads, which would be a plus.

Whats your two cents on the matter at hand?
    Last edited by ShooDaddy; 01-01-2008, 02:07 PM. Reason: Corrections
    I see, I come, I conquer.

Re: Problems with the neighbors.

Heh, check this thread for ridiculous neighbors: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/sandbox...ry-up-die.html

But for your problem, willing to bet the parents don't know/don't care, or don't realize it because they're going out of their way not to know. Calling the cops on the otherhand always makes things messy with neighbors in general.

Comment

I'd tell the parents and then let them know that you'll report the next drinking party they have there to the cops if you keep finding cans. You don't have to be a dick about it or anything, just be very respectful when you make your case.
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I was thinking the same. Just to mention it, and warn them.

And yes, I have stuck with that other neighbor story for a while, it was hilarious.

Comment

Box up all of the cans and bottles into a cardboard box and then walk over to the neighbors house. Kindly explain that these do not belong to you and ask if they or their son are missing them, remind them that they are worth five cents each. After that is done, invite the parents over for dinner.
          "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

And most important of all: Don't forget to post the pics here :D
            Your mouse has moved, please restart windows for the change to take effect.

Comment

Mehh, next party just call the cops. If you think you can politely negotiate with drunken teenagers go right ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Pompa View Post
                And most important of all: Don't forget to post the pics here :D
                Seconded
                ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Bc2ID View Post
                  Box up all of the cans and bottles into a cardboard box and then walk over to the neighbors house. Kindly explain that these do not belong to you and ask if they or their son are missing them, remind them that they are worth five cents each. After that is done, invite the parents over for dinner.
                  LOL, what a hilarious idea!
                  Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                  Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I feel in due time pictures may be in order. I did receive a pricey digital camera for Christmas, it should come in handy, but nothing much to take pictures of currently.

Ill go with a warning, and will call the cops if the opportunity arises.

I'll keep you guys up to date periodically about this ;)

Comment

You can always take the high-road and just talk to them as said. But be careful, parents don't usually like to learn about what "unacceptable" activities their kids are performing. They will sometimes take their anger out on you (shoot the messenger), if they even believe you. Some parents just will not admit their kid would do that or they just don't care and get pissed off that YOU think it's a big deal. Basically, people are generally just dicks.

If you decide to go the "legal" route and call the police, I recommend you get yourself some documentation (through pictures or preferably video), then try and remain anonymous. The last thing you want is to worry about your house getting trashed the next time you leave town or go out for a night.

If that doesn't work, you could always contact your POA or HOA anonymously and see if they can do anything. Someone should make them do some actual work.

It's a difficult situation all around. No matter what happens, you still have to walk outside and see these people every other day. So, just make sure you've got a rock solid leg to stand on.

Comment

Have you stopped by and introduced yourself yet? That's probably your best bet... much more likely to trash a stranger's yard than that of a friend... Right now they're just getting thrown "over the fence". If you introduce yourself (invite them over for dinner or a football game or something), then it would be throwing crap "in Bob's yard" - a much less appealing/fun thing to do.

Comment

Well I've talk to them once, but overall never see them outside or ever for that matter, just the van and the motorcycle. (Them pulling in/out)

As for some documentation, again my camera (with video) will come in handy.

People also leave finger prints. As proof of the kids drinking I can simply pick up the bottles they throw across the street.
                          If someone can tell me how to put up some pictures, I can put up the view of my house to theirs.

Personally I don't even know if the kid drinks, but either way it is happening in their house. By the way, all the kids enter and leave when they please, by means of a side door directly into a converted garage to bedroom door

Comment

Well here in California if you get caught drinking under 18 you loose your drivers license for a year. Its good incentive to play it safe.

But I have to agree with those comments above. Take the high road first!

Sarcoma
                            Sarcoma.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...