Obama: 38%

Edwards: 30%

Clinton: 29%

Republicans

Huckabee: 34%

Romney: 25%

Thompson: 13%

McCain: 13%

is the simple numbers for those that dont want to read the whole (short ) article

what is your opinion on this? happy sad?
    im just glad hillary came in a lowly 4th place
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: Iowa Caucus End result

I am not too worked up yet. I think NH will "start" to give a more well rounded picture heading into SuperDuperGigaTsnumaiexpialidocious Tuesday.

p.s. Not that it really matters, I believe Repubs are supposed to be red and Dems blue (although unofficial I believe the parties and media have adopted that respective schemes)
    LoyalGuard

Comment

I think Iowa will be drastically different than NH. I think McCain will take that as well as Clinton. I am surprised that Edwards did not do better in Iowa, as everything I have read said so. Anyone else surprised that Rudy was in Florida??
      "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

no, im not supprised that Rudy was in Florida, it was his plan all along to not focus on the first primary elections, so with that said, I think it was in his plan all along, my choice candidate is Rudy from day 1
        powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

I mean, Barak Obama is just so cool... like, I totally can relate to him because I'm young. How can you not vote for that guy? I mean, he is just so friggin' cool!! An Huckabee has Chuck Norris! I mean, c'mon... how cool is that?! I'm not really sure what these guy's stances are, but gee whiz are they cool!!
          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Let's just say, for the sake of debate, that the party nominations go along with Huckabee and Obama.

Even with Chuck Norris on his side, Huckabee is going to get a round house kick to the groin. Perhaps Chuck should consider supporting different candidate- I mean, this could be the first fight the man has ever lost! Wait wait... would we no longer have to suffer from Chuck Norris jokes if Huckabee loses? That's tempting, right there.

Comment

Chuck is going to get you for that luna!

But I might vote for Huckabee. I like his stance on many issues, he seems rather moderate. The only thing that bothers me at this point, and it is early, is who he would put into the supreme court. I like a balanced court and right now it is a bit heavy on the conservative.
              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I like what I think these results say - that Iowans are fed up with the traditional two party system and they are taking a hard look at the candidates. Democrats came out in droves for this caucus - three times that of previous elections.

I personally don't think Huckabee is all that viable, but he is proving himself a worthy politician to be sure - again, I think people are turned off by these polished figureheads of the likes of Clinton and Romney. I do like Obama, and was also glad to see Edwards still in the running - I believe he'd make a worthy VP. A president should be man (or woman) of the people, and that's what these caucus winners appear to be.

These kinds of results are also promising news to the rest of the world - that Americans are pretty fed up with what has been passing for leadership over the past 8 years. I'm certainly eager for change.

Did anyone catch the Iranian Ayotolla's remarks on American diplomacy yesterday? Knowing that he trumps Ahmedinijad, that is also positive news - he essentially said that he has no lasting desire to maintain diplomatic isolation with America, and that it is clearly in the best interests of both countries to find a lasting peace.

Comment

I don't really get the whole American political system. A couple of states vote on the party leaders? Why can't the parties themselves elect a leader internally?

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                    I think people are turned off by these polished figureheads of the likes of Clinton and Romney.
                    I hope you are right. The results of Iowa, however, tend to be diminished and the polished ones take over shortly there after. But, because this election cycle started so early, there is hope Iowa does more closely represent the general electorate mood.

Originally posted by Zoopy_T View Post
                    I don't really get the whole American political system. A couple of states vote on the party leaders? Why can't the parties themselves elect a leader internally?
                    Each state has it's own way of doing thing. Each party also.

But basically each state votes in delegates that go to the national convention to vote for the parties candidate. Nowadays the national convention is really just a formality or coronation.
                    Last edited by El_Gringo_Grande; 01-04-2008, 12:44 PM. Reason: spelling
                    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopy_T View Post

Er, all the states have their primaries so that the people get a chance to elect how many delegates they want to send to their party's national conventions where the delegates argue in favor of their candidate being chosen? Iowa just happens to be first?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ential_primary

The answers are all there if you want to look.

Oh by the way, Ron Paul got 10% and Rudy got 4%. Sure he didn't win, but to do better than one of the mainstream candidates is a pretty big shame. Especially considering he's that candidate who supposedly doesn't have a chance. Also...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:M...%282008%29.png

-Zephyr
                      You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                      We are not a single game.
                      We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                      We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Iím not all that interested in Iowa or the caucus system. I think the primaries should be nation wide at the same time just like the general election. Let the politocos choke on that.

Sarcoma
                        Sarcoma.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politic...l_developments
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I see no value in parties and primaries. Dump all the candidates in one final election, as was done in the last California gubernatorial election.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Huckabee sure looks like a "winner" in this article:

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature...bee/index.html

Come to Arkansas. You'll have to look hard to find a long-term political analyst who'd subscribe fully to the national media narrative about the latest man from Hope -- fresh face, funny, nice.

Mike Huckabee is fresh to you, maybe. Funny? If barnyard humor is your shtick of choice. Nice? Well, he did do some good things in his 10 years as governor, but ... read on.

Before we begin, though, a word of warning to any reporters who might want to repeat, on air or in print, any of the facts recounted below. Huckabee does not take kindly to journalists who practice journalism.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X