Recipe for Disaster?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipe for Disaster?

This is some quite interesting stuff, not trying to scare anyone but it just raises a few questions. Seems like pretty significant activity in a short period of time.

What is your take on these recent events?

http://www.climatepatrol.com/forum/1.../pg1/index.php
    http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/...quakes_big.php
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../National/home

I am just curious to see what you all have to say and if anyone has any further information about this.

Something interesting I just found. No idea what this would have to do with anything but the weather but interesting none the less.

http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/...e/eit_284/512/
    Last edited by Extinct; 01-05-2008, 01:51 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Re: Recipe for Disaster?

Clearing the requisite: Whole lotta shakin' goin' on!

Sounds like good news to me. It's when the rocks stop moving around that you start to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
      Clearing the requisite: Whole lotta shakin' goin' on!

Sounds like good news to me. It's when the rocks stop moving around that you start to worry.
      Good point, might also be a Preshock before "THE BIG ONE" ^.^, Whether "THE BIG ONE" be a decade from now or not still raises the question of how much damage will be done and how are we supposed to prepare for something that moves mountains?

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

your second link states that there were a 2 dozen or so earth quakes in the past 7 days with a higher-than 5.0 on the R scale
        is this higher than normal?
        powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Tonk View Post
          your second link states that there were a 2 dozen or so earth quakes in the past 7 days with a higher-than 5.0 on the R scale
          is this higher than normal?
          The significant thing is 4 most recent +5.0 on the R scale in the same approx area and same depth, i am no expert but it just seems odd.

Comment

Well, The planet is in constant motion and as staed above, as long as it is moving we are good. We are not going to implode, nor get sucked into the sun, or another Black hole. At least not in any of our lifetimes. Many researchers and "prophets" believe that the end is, in fact near.
            Our biggest worry is an asteroid, we can't stop it and we can't change it course. We sure as hell can't go somewhere else yet. Revelations 8:10-11 talks of a meteor that will hit the earth in 2012. Wormwood is something worth reading on if you really want to put a panic in someone. Basically comes down to a big rock, we make it many big rocks by being stupid, the earth gets nailed 7 times and most are wiped out quickly. Those who survive, die from lack of food, water, sunlight, and disease.
            Nice thread though.

Acknowledge your teammates' Outstanding and Distinguished efforts:

Comment

Originally posted by MDFubar View Post
              Revelations 8:10-11 talks of a meteor that will hit the earth in 2012.
              There's no date given or suggested in the Book of Revelation. But it is mentioned that a great star named Wormwood will fall from the sky. Oddly enough, when it speaks of death as a result it is because of "bitter" waters...no mention of people dying as a direct result of an impact.

Originally posted by Book of Revelation 8:10-11 NIV
              8:10
              The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water--
              8:11
              the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.
              | | |

Comment

I just saw a story that said Absinthe is making a come back. And it uses wormwood!

Ohhhh, this is getting freaky weird! :D
                Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Yeah Atomic, You are correct. There was a site that I had visited that broke it down thru various interpretations. I truly wish that I could find it again, but it was months ago when I read it. There was a very dramatic description of the rise of the anti-christ and things leading up to this time.
                  2012 comes from the fact, and I may be a little off, that most of the calendars in different cultures stop at 2012. Again, it has been months since reading on this and I am a bit rusty. That's what I get for posting before I get my ducks in a row.

Acknowledge your teammates' Outstanding and Distinguished efforts:

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                    I just saw a story that said Absinthe is making a come back. And it uses wormwood!

Ohhhh, this is getting freaky weird! :D
                    HaHA.. I was in bible study a while back (it's TRUE!) and we were going through Revs again.. and I was like.. HEY! I Just bought a bottle of Absinthe! I got wierd looks. I then had to explain what Absinthe was, it's history and why I know about it.

It is my opinion that wormwood brewed drink was common during the period.

I love Rev's.. there is a lot of visual and figurative element to it and the inclusion of wormwood references add to the intrigue.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                      There's no date given or suggested in the Book of Revelation. But it is mentioned that a great star named Wormwood will fall from the sky. Oddly enough, when it speaks of death as a result it is because of "bitter" waters...no mention of people dying as a direct result of an impact.

The 2012 thing is a Nostradomus addition I beleive.. I forget.. but there is some calendar that ends at that date. There is no date associate with the event or even if it has already ahppened or not.. it depends on what phase of Tribulation you want to ascribe to.
                      sigpic

Comment

The Calendar is the Mayan Calendar and it's slated to end around December 23, 2012. Nobody really knows why...but an ending calendar is apparently good enough reason to cry Chicken Little. The Mayan's may have believed this indicated the end of the Age and believed something important/significant was to come but may or may not have understood what themselves. I think it's an interesting topic of study, but I think it's important to stay objective. It's easy for a person to spook themselves when dealing with "prophecies" like these.
                        | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                          The Calendar is the Mayan Calendar and it's slated to end around December 23, 2012. Nobody really knows why...but an ending calendar is apparently good enough reason to cry Chicken Little. The Mayan's may have believed this indicated the end of the Age and believed something important/significant was to come but may or may not have understood what themselves. I think it's an interesting topic of study, but I think it's important to stay objective. It's easy for a person to spook themselves when dealing with "prophecies" like these.
                          Or maybe the guy making the calander got tired and gave up. I mean you have to stop at some point, right?
                          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Or maybe the guy making the calander got tired and gave up. I mean you have to stop at some point, right?
                            Yeah.. just ask Bill Gates.
                            sigpic

Comment

That's sort of along the lines of where I stand on it. The Mayan Calendar was meticulously upkept for hundreds of generations until it just suddenly stops. The stopping point does correllate with the end of an age, but I imagine it's mysterious end has something more to do with their mysterious disappearance than anything.
                              | | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X