Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of a By-gone era...

AMERICAN FRIGGIN GLADIATORS ! ! !

I remember this show growing up. Nothing like spanex-laden meatnecks beating contenders up with large q-tips and rubber foam tubes. I was always a fan of the show, not because of athleticism or sheer guts of the competitors, but because of the cool things they got to do: there was the game where they had to shoot some target about the gladiator who's sporting a pneumatic tennis ball shooter, the one where they hung upside-down and crawled on the track, and that one where they rolled around in the steel cage ball like a hamster.

I haven't seen the new one yet (maybe will catch a glimpse tonight), but for those who have, what's your opinion? Same good old fashioned cheesy fun, or so pumped with fake adrenaline and attitude that it makes you spew out "Listen brother, I'm gonna go drink me a protein shake and do 50 power reps".
    sigpic

Formerly of the fabled 3rd Special Forces Detachment

"On that day half a century ago, our species was pushed to the crumbling edge of extinction. And as we teetered on that precipice, staring down into the abyss, a hand reached out, pulled us back from the brink, and gave us hope... the hand of a Hero."

Re: Return of a By-gone era...

Freaking A!

I have caught myself watching the re-runs on one of the ESPN channels more than once thinking "I wish they would bring this back...."

And last night they did and it was great! I only caught the last half of it but it was enough. One of the human chicks bled.

Another show is on tonight.

I also liked the run with the football through the gladiators. The hamster ball is another favorite.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I watched the premiere last night. fun stuff. Nostalgia.

Missed tonight's epi, but I suppose I didnt miss too much :)
      Skud

Comment

Tonight was awesome!!!

I loved this show so much back in the day for all the same reasons Chief set down...it's not the muscle, the sweat, the braun...it's the cool stuff they do!!! You just can't help but envision how you would do it if you were on the show. I'm so happy it's getting another run on the networks.
        | | |

Comment

I actually didn't see the episode. I was too busy watching Ohio State setting itself up for disappointment against LSU. Oops, next week.
          sigpic

Formerly of the fabled 3rd Special Forces Detachment

"On that day half a century ago, our species was pushed to the crumbling edge of extinction. And as we teetered on that precipice, staring down into the abyss, a hand reached out, pulled us back from the brink, and gave us hope... the hand of a Hero."

Comment

not a big TV fan save some Lost when it comes back on, but american gladiators was a great tv-related past time for me, whenever i was home sick from school, it would always be on all morning long =D =D id like to catch a new episode

is it any different? do they have the same courses? new ones? beefy men in spandex? women?