Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ingrate of the year award

Originally posted by =DdogG=

I will agree that Soviet Russia had the manpower and technology to compete with america of the '80's but the did not have the economy to fund it. thus the reason for the nuclear accidents. the russian war machine could not provide the needed upkeep for their aging inventory. thus their armed forces were in essence staking their lives on duct tape.

lol, too much CNN or NBC whichever u hearing that info from, i heard that too often, or from military critics( US and Western alike) who keep saying russian military is aging, and no money for maintenance. Now perhaps that is true at this point, and since 92', but before that 90's Soviet economy was solid as a rock.

btw, what nuclear incidents???? 86' chernobyl? some guy was doing test he shouldnt have and it went boom (thats a summary of what happend basically).

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
      Really comparing apples to oranges. The reason that Russian Sukhov fighters have further range is because they carry fuel pods. If they got into combat, they would either have to drop them or die (the fuel pods make the plane sluggish compared to those that don't carry them normally, like the F-14 and F-16). If they are forced to drop the fuel tanks, then they are out of luck if they are too far from base (as they don't have the capability to refuel in midflight). If US jets engage at ranges further than the ranges of their internal fuel tanks, they can request an airborne refueling to get back to base.

In a fight, having more fuel than your opponent is not an advantage if the fuel causes your plane to be more sluggish and respond slower.

By that u mean sukhov does not have that capability?? because it does, actually it was the 1st fighter jet ever to have that ability :).

Comment

We can be debating about this for quite abit, reason i started this cause I saw fenix's post about ww2 tanks in cold war :)

But all in all, Soviets and US, their military was an even match i would say, either be it sea, land or air.
        If one nation was abit a head of the other in sea, then the other was leading Air, and so on.
        There were small differences between technology, positives and negatives of all military units that both nations had during cold war, id say it was Well balanced :).

In terms of current events, US will keep pooring cash into military like it always had. Russia on the other hand wont, no point the way it sees it. Except ofcourse some soviet era generals who wont be pleased and keep naging for funding.

Comment

Turb I like you but get your facts straight. Its the T-95 NOT A FOUR BUT A FIVE. Unless your talking about the T-90. The drop the four for a zero.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
            Turb I like you but get your facts straight. Its the T-95 NOT A FOUR BUT A FIVE. Unless your talking about the T-90. The drop the four for a zero.
            I found some info on the T-94, some on the T-95 and Black Eagle, but most of the info on Russia's latest and greatest was about the T-90S:
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom

if u did not find it, it does not mean i dont have my facts straight

keep looking T94

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                I found some info on the T-94, some on the T-95 and Black Eagle, but most of the info on Russia's latest and greatest was about the T-90S:

right 90s.

however 94's were engineered just before the colapse, so i consider them soviet hehe

Comment

ok, so 3 different and seperate nuclear submarine accidents compared to the WORLD's 0 doesnt say anything about the state of repair? while I agree that my nformation has come from western media, you cant really trust the info from the soviet russian government. these are the guys who decided to not say anything about a sunken sub even though doing so would have save 19 lives, just to save russian face.

I have no beef with russia, except for the "pay no attention to the crumbilng infrastructure. We are fine. you are fine. everything is fine. If you say we are not fine you will disappear."
                  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                  The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by Turbinator
                    By that u mean sukhov does not have that capability?? because it does, actually it was the 1st fighter jet ever to have that ability :).
                    Which Sukhov? All but Su-24 Fencer don't have the cability to refuel in midflight.

http://www.fas.org/main/home.jsp

Check that site out. It shows only the SU-24 has being capable of inflight refueling.

Also, the Su-24 was not the first fighter jet capable of inflight air fueling. The SU24 started in the late 60s.

http://www.danshistory.com/su24.html

The F-84 was capable of inflight air fueling and was manufactured in the 50s

http://www.kalaniosullivan.com/Kunsa...itwasa11a.html

Comment

ok, so 3 different and seperate nuclear submarine accidents compared to the WORLD's 0 doesnt say anything about the state of repair? while I agree that my nformation has come from western media, you cant really trust the info from the soviet russian government. these are the guys who decided to not say anything about a sunken sub even though doing so would have save 19 lives, just to save russian face.

I have no beef with russia, except for the "pay no attention to the crumbilng infrastructure. We are fine. you are fine. everything is fine. If you say we are not fine you will disappear."
                      US has 1or2 nuclear subs in the bottom of atlantic, russia has 3 or 4 actualy, (cant recall if last one was a nuclear).
                      One of the 3 subs was sent before it was completely test in the early 60's. Actually all of nuclear sub incidents US and russia had were not due to poor infrustructure.
                      Last edited by Turbinator; 09-02-2004, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
                        The F-84 was capable of inflight air fueling and was manufactured in the 50s

http://www.kalaniosullivan.com/Kunsa...itwasa11a.html

interesting,

Comment

right, well show me a goverment that is truthfull and honest :).

like i said before only reason i responded to this post was about ww2 tanks in cold war heh :). Then i guess i got hooked. :D

btw Wolfie that info on F84, did not know about it, hmm thanks for bringing it up :).

Comment

were those because of a nuclear accident? I dont think that there are any nuclear mishaps on the US military record, though I could be wrong.
                            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

were those because of a nuclear accident? I dont think that there are any nuclear mishaps on the US military record, though I could be wrong.

when u say nuclear, u mean nuclear explosion??? in most nuclear sub cases, the reactor is the problem so id say yes they were nuclear accidents. Yes US had nuclear sub go down in atlantic, during cold war, like soviets did, only soviets have a few more then US.

Comment

russia was not better than the US it was flawed i9n so many ways. it put up a persona and overspent on its military and in the end had to effectivly go bust.

on the other hand it could do little else because the US and other nations would not have let the Soviet Union be, anyhow.

but i think history has proved that infact the russian military whilst cutting edge could not have sustained much real conflict and the US could.

the only reason the soviet Union was given any respect, or fear was because they had a large number of nukes.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X