Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In America, blogger beats you!

From China: China Blogger Beaten To Death

"Authorities have fired an official in central China after city inspectors beat to death a man who filmed their confrontation with villagers"

I guess in China the process for getting a building permit is tough!

Re: In America, blogger beats you!

It's stuff like this that makes me doubt people here in America who think they're living under a fascist regime, and get emo because of it. It's always worse somewhere, guys :P

(not an endorsement of any particular government or action)
    ---------------
    Doc-in-training

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor Goku View Post
      It's always worse somewhere, guys :P
      One of the most upbeat philisophies ever!

Comment

lol
        I bet if more people read some internationally published global journalism, they would come to respect and be grateful for what this country has and is. We are definately not perfect, but our system is in the 99% percentile in most issues compared to the world as a whole.

Comment

Usa! Usa! Usa!

Comment

honestly, i can see china pulling a korea, going into a civil war, one side threatening with nukes, and putting the world in a state of alert that they could blow the east half of earth off
            powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
              lol
              I bet if more people read some internationally published global journalism, they would come to respect and be grateful for what this country has and is. We are definately not perfect, but our system is in the 99% percentile in most issues compared to the world as a whole.
              right on, we may not be the wealthiest (per capita) nation, because money isnt everything! we may not be the healthiest (life span) nation, because living life with intent to die old and toothless isnt what living life is about (read my 1st sig) but we are in the top 99th percentile of those topics, so i dont see why everyone complains so much. it could be worse (like china)
              powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

So fixing something shouldn't be done if it's worse somewhere else? Even pointing out the flaws shouldn't be done if it's worse somewhere else?

There's some pretty bad places on the planet. I guess that means nothing should be done about the almost-as-bad places, until we first deal with the worst ones.

Isn't logic fun? :D
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                  So fixing something shouldn't be done if it's worse somewhere else? Even pointing out the flaws shouldn't be done if it's worse somewhere else?

There's some pretty bad places on the planet. I guess that means nothing should be done about the almost-as-bad places, until we first deal with the worst ones.

No, no, no- nobody's saying that. What I have an issue with are the people like my suitemates in college, who made it their mission to say that the US government was the most oppressive, fascist regime ever, and that communism (I kid you not) was so much better.

There are so many people like that, it's insane. I think a lot more people could discuss what needs to be done here in a reasonable fashion if people would know where they were starting from- namely, that we live in a great country- not perfect (little is), but we're still quite fortunate.
                  ---------------
                  Doc-in-training

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post

Well, some one once said that one should get rid of the junk in his own eyes before helping others get rid of theirs.

I think America needs to fix itself before it can go out and worry about all of the other problems in the world.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                      I guess in China the process for getting a building permit is tough!
                      Probably why China is not experiencing a housing market crisis right now....

Comment

THAT's the reason! :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse