Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California wants to control home thermostats

Interesting article
    Next year in California, state regulators are likely to have the emergency power to control individual thermostats, sending temperatures up or down through a radio-controlled device that will be required in new or substantially modified houses and buildings to manage electricity shortages.
    This doesn't give me a warm fuzzy, but I don't think I have a problem with it as long as it's only used to prevent outages in emergencies. I'm happy to help out in an emergency but I'm not willing to walk around the house with swamp-butt all summer to satisfy someone's religious beliefs about energy consumption. But California wouldn't do that would they?

Re: California wants to control home thermostats

I'm certainly not letting anyone decide for me how warm or cold my house can get. Not while they have technology that could completely free us from all dependancies of a centralized power grid. Energy conservation my genetically manipulated ass.

Comment

ya i heard that on the radio, i would love to get ahold of the control of the people who brought this up, and when it is 105 out in the california mid-day sun, turn off the air, and crank the heat to 100% to everyone, and make it unable to turn off.... shoot them with their own bullet... but of course, they would be immune to the controlling factor of this... double standards FTL
      powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
        But California wouldn't do that would they?
        they made an actor 'the guvnuh of da steht uv calEfornyeuh' i think he thinks he was applying for an acting roll

you tell me what they think is logical