Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Genesis is returning to Earth in a couple of days...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genesis is returning to Earth in a couple of days...

http://www.genesismission.org/

Here Comes the Sun
    On Sept. 8, NASA's Genesis mission is returning to Earth, bearing samples of the Sun. In a well-rehearsed midair maneuver, a helicopter will hook the spacecraft's return capsule and bring it gently and safely to the ground. The capsule's contents of solar wind may help scientists understand the origins of our solar system. The event, which takes place in the skies over Utah, will be broadcast live on NASA TV and the Internet.

The Story of Genesis (no, not biblical...)
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Genesis is returning to Earth in a couple of days...

I had never heard of this before but it was a very interesting read and if it works it will be an excellent result for NASA.

Comment

It didn't turn out quite as well as hoped...

Last edited by CingularDuality; 09-08-2004, 10:43 PM.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

when nasa wants a 3 million dollar piece of equipment on earth, they mean business.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
          when nasa wants a 3 million dollar piece of equipment on earth, they mean business.
          I heard a guy from NASA that answered the question of how much this cost taxpayers. He said that the entire program cost around $300 million, so basically every American lost a dollar yesterday...

Comment

"It's actually quite surprising how little damage there was," said Roy Haggard, of Vertigo, a company that helped plan the midair retrieval.
            Researchers said even broken pieces would still house their precious atom-sized solar particles, simply leaving scientists with an unexpected jigsaw puzzle.
            With various collector materials made in differing thicknesses, scientists are optimistic they can figure out what type of solar samples they recovered.

Link
            New to TG?

Comment

So, the mission may still have been at least partially successful. Cool.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X