Banning guns has backfired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Banning guns has backfired

Love the science statement. It's simple, in the US, states with easy to get consealed carry permits crime has droped. where they are baned they have grown higher. Talk scientific all you want, I HAVE MY PERMIT, I carry my gun. It's not a matter of fear, it's a matter of rights. I protect mine. How will you protect yours?

Comment

This is kinda off topic, but I didn't want to dredge up another old gun thread.

This site explains the differences between a currently banned "assault weapon" and a currently legal "sporting rifle". There's only a page or two of reading and then a photo quiz to see if you can tell the difference between the two: http://www.onlinetoday.com/users/kolya/
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by NewsWrthy
        Love the science statement. It's simple, in the US, states with easy to get consealed carry permits crime has droped. where they are baned they have grown higher. Talk scientific all you want, I HAVE MY PERMIT, I carry my gun. It's not a matter of fear, it's a matter of rights. I protect mine. How will you protect yours?

in the 18 years i have been alive,

in the 49 years my father has been alive,

in the 79 years his father has been alive,

none of us have felt the need to use a pistol or semi automatic assault rifle for the needs of protection.

thats all the science i need.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I have never felt the need to use a pistol or semiautomatic rifle, or a baseball bat, or an iron skillet, butcher knive, can of mace, or silly string to protect myself, but I have the right to own each, and the government doesn't have the right to take them away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
            I have never felt the need to use a pistol or semiautomatic rifle, or a baseball bat, or an iron skillet, butcher knive, can of mace, or silly string to protect myself, but I have the right to own each, and the government doesn't have the right to take them away from me.
            I just heard that the state or a town in California is trying to ban silly string...

Comment

silly string got banned in Gatlinburg 4 years ago. there was a bad incident where a 7 yr old girl was hit by a drive by and the community was outraged. the car chase lasted 30 minutes.... they finally caught the assailent when his go cart got caught up in a pile up in an s-turn at the slick-track. those bastards. the little girl managed to make it through the 4 hour surgery to remove the dye from her hair though, but the bills and memories will follow her for years. poor thing.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Yes, see the middle east? See how allowing everyone there to have a gun has made it such a safe, peaceful place? See everyone proudly waving their AK-47s around? Yes, the world is a much safer place when everyone has the right to carry whatever they want.

Gun control is for wimps! Yep. :icon14:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

"See how allowing everyone there to have a gun...."

That's precisely the mindset I'm talking about guarding against. I am not a child who needs your permission. I am not a criminal to be feared. Who says government "allows" anyone to do anything? In my mind, and the way I vote, the government answers to the people, not the other way around.

As long as we're talking about the Middle East, do you suppose that the AKs or the repressive regimes who have stripped rights away from their people for years and years are more to blame for the current situation? Maybe it's not the gun but the denial of liberty that causes such problems?

Comment

By restricting actions (laws), the government allows others de facto. I am "allowed" to spank my monkey in the closet because there isn't a law against it.
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

No, that's not it. The People haven't given government any authority over your private monkey-spanking habits.

And since you bring it up, so to speak, my right to carry a weapon is explicitely protected in the constitution, but your right to spank your monkey is not.

Get away from this notion that the government "allows" people to do things. The constitution is a contract between the states and the federal govt that restrains the federal government's power, and the constitution says that any powers not granted the governemnt is retained by the states and the people.

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                        oh and btw the weapon of choice over here for most violent crimes is still a knife.
                        Ok...then maybe it's time for the UK to have a "blade ban" eh ? It'd make sense wouldn't it....wouldn't that reduce the vast number of violent crimes ??

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                          Yes, see the middle east? See how allowing everyone there to have a gun has made it such a safe, peaceful place? See everyone proudly waving their AK-47s around? Yes, the world is a much safer place when everyone has the right to carry whatever they want.

Gun control is for wimps! Yep. :icon14:
                          Yes, interesting how easy it is to establish a tyrannical regime when the masses are unarmed and insurgents are able to exert the only armed pressure on the populace...
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Am I missing something? The populace is armed yet they still fell under the dictatorship?

Comment

Originally posted by Benny_
                              Am I missing something? The populace is armed yet they still fell under the dictatorship?
                              But the masses weren't armed! Only certain people from a minority section of their population were able to get their hands on weapons. Allowing only certain people to own guns obviously gives those certain people tremendous power over other law abiding citizens.
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by phyllis
                                Ok...then maybe it's time for the UK to have a "blade ban" eh ? It'd make sense wouldn't it....wouldn't that reduce the vast number of violent crimes ??

yeah well see your foot remove it from your mouth please, in the unkited kingdom in places of public it is illigle to posses a knife with a blade size of more than 2 inches in length.

so infact there are legal measures to stop this from happeneing. my point is that in the united states for example there is a huge amount of violent crimes comiited with guns, and in the UK there are not.

did you know that 75% of cereal killers live in the united states.

YOUR GUN CULTURE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT THOUGH DOES IT.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X