Banning guns has backfired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Banning guns has backfired

Nope. That damn Captain Crunch and his ne'er-do-well pals Count Chocula and Tony The Tiger are to blame.

I'm not sure but I suggest a little research on how serial killers tend to murder their victims. I challenge you to find any who used banned assault weapons. Knives, poison, strangulation seem more popular.

I also suggest that one reason why 75% of the world's serial killers are in the US may be because our law enforcement infrastructure is among the best in the world. Many 3rd world serial killers may not be identified as such because local police departments aren't able to communicate relevant data to each other, so these 3rd-world killers' crimes seem unrelated.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
      Nope. That damn Captain Crunch and his ne'er-do-well pals Count Chocula and Tony The Tiger are to blame.

I'm not sure but I suggest a little research on how serial killers tend to murder their victims. I challenge you to find any who used banned assault weapons. Knives, poison, strangulation seem more popular.

I also suggest that one reason why 75% of the world's serial killers are in the US may be because our law enforcement infrastructure is among the best in the world. Many 3rd world serial killers may not be identified as such because local police departments aren't able to communicate relevant data to each other, so these 3rd-world killers' crimes seem unrelated.
      I was just going to post the same thing. In Juarez Mexico (a border town) several hundred woman have been found dumped along the road or in "land fills" over the past couple years. Nobody has a clue who is doing it or why. Can you imagine if that was happening in a small town in the US, UK or Canada?
      New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
        did you know that 75% of cereal killers live in the united states.

YOUR GUN CULTURE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT THOUGH DOES IT.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

yeah well see your foot remove it from your mouth please, in the unkited kingdom in places of public it is illigle to posses a knife with a blade size of more than 2 inches in length.
          My point exactly Mr.footinyerbackside......You DO have a ban on blades over a measly 2 inches, and yet a knife is STILL the weapon of choice for violent crimes ! So how do you expect that a ban on weapons here will make anything other than a gun the weapon of choice ?

Originally posted by leejo
          09-11-2004 03:49 PM
          makes a lot more sense than the fact that we don't have a gun ban :icon_roll

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality

actually no it isnt.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by phyllis
              My point exactly Mr.footinyerbackside......You DO have a ban on blades over a measly 2 inches, and yet a knife is STILL the weapon of choice for violent crimes ! So how do you expect that a ban on weapons here will make anything other than a gun the weapon of choice ?

makes a lot more sense than the fact that we don't have a gun ban :icon_roll

no not at all, we have the legeslature and it works, violent crimes in the united kingdom as i have already said involvs alot more than just knife and gun attacks,

assault glassing and other areas of non fatal attacks are considered violent. the amount of crime as a whole in my contry since 1997 is down,

the stats dont lie, and if all you lot can come up with is its my right well no infact in this country it isnt a right.

and we are not worse off because of it.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

and we are not worse off because of it.
                Hmmm, the stats seem to indicate otherwise, however... But let's just ignore them and concentrate on feeling good because there are no evil guns around.
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

concentrate on feeling good because there are no evil guns around.
                  OoOOOO...Look...Loookkkkkk...Cing found the Key !! :icon14:

Comment

Hmmm, the stats seem to indicate otherwise, however... But let's just ignore them and concentrate on feeling good because there are no evil guns around.

accept as i have shown you the stats do not accurately guage the problem.

ok

violent crime lots of things

gun crime only one of those things

no gun culture in england

therefore still very limited amounts of gun crimes comitted.

got it in lamens now

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

accept as i have shown you the stats do not accurately guage the problem.

ok

violent crime lots of things

gun crime only one of those things

no gun culture in england

therefore still very limited amounts of gun crimes comitted.

got it in lamens now
                      Isn't the basis of violent crime when criminals think they can use force in some matter to committ an act of aggression against another person with the chance of the victim fighting back slim? If someone believes that they can use a weapon to threaten/hurt/kill a victim and not worry about the victim protecting themselves with a weapon, they are more likely to commit the crime than not.

Comment

This is kinda off topic, but I didn't want to dredge up another old gun thread.

This site explains the differences between a currently banned "assault weapon" and a currently legal "sporting rifle". There's only a page or two of reading and then a photo quiz to see if you can tell the difference between the two: http://www.onlinetoday.com/users/kolya/
                        It is interesting that the law was passed "to protect American lives" yet the last 2 big acts of violence against American lives were carried out with box cutters/airplanes and fertilizer (OKC)

Comment

One of the biggest gun banners goes hunting:

Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

he he he ... still against guns but funny

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

well i am sure if those companies are going bust because of improper practise or some such charge to which they are answerable then another company will very quickly assume its place, this time with the addiquate rules and regulations to reduce gun crime.

just because one company falls does not mean all companies wont bother... its a market, at the moment saturated, but if they are acting improper deserve to pay.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X