No announcement yet.

Left Handed? Share your discrimination.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left Handed? Share your discrimination.

Forget race, gender, political, sexual orientation or economic status. The left handed are the truly oppressed.

Any south paws out there got any gripes? I've got a long list but the ink smear on the paper created by my left hand is preventing me from reading them!
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Left Handed? Share your discrimination.

My art teacher in High School used to make fun of me by always calling me "Lefty" in class all the time. He did give me tips on how to be a successful left handed artist, however.
    | | |

Comment

When I was a kid, I played catcher because I wasn't bat-shy and could throw to 2nd base without bouncing it. Turns out they don't (or didn't) make left-handed catcher's mitts, and one kid on our team had a cannon. I would wear two batting gloves under my mitt and it still hurt.

Also, I played in college and I STILL got hit by pitches all the time.

Other than that, the usual unfriendly buttons, switches, etc. "Hold on, mr burgler, I have to switch hands for a sec so I can eject my magazine".

Comment

You know, they do make guns for left handed people. H&K makes a really nice ambidextrous .40

Also, theres a huge left handed shop on Pier 39 in san francisco.
        I'm a righty, but my only problem with lefties comes when they sit on the wrong side of me while im eating and they bump elbows with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
          I'm a righty, but my only problem with lefties comes when they sit on the wrong side of me while im eating and they bump elbows with me.
          Sometimes I do that on purpose...
          | | |

Comment

You know, they do make guns for left handed people. H&K makes a really nice ambidextrous .40
            The p2k? Yes. YOU talk my wife into getting one, 'cause it ain't happening.

Yep, that's definitely a fact of life for us lefties. On the other hand, our cigarettes are WAY better.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
              On the other hand, our cigarettes are WAY better.
              QFT! :D
              | | |

Comment

I'm ambidextrous and i do boxing, so it's fun to watch the other person react when i start on my right side and switch to my left mid fight.
                |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Southpaw. Or, wherein the young Dr. Goku realizes his left-handedness.

The soon-to-be-mentioned events, one should note, occurred during my stint in the halls of education of children- and thus, were many years ago.

Upon rising to greet the sun with my standard practice of interpretive dance, I was stricken by my frequently occuring need to perform the "tricks of the acrobat" with my testes. Indeed, the recent performances of such had been uncoordinated and futile- and without result. Thusly was effort wasted that morning, leading to the criminal frustration with which I had been so plagued.

Arriving at the "High-Schoole" at my usual time of 7:45 AM, I was unable to author letters to my betrothed- an old, but still attractive mop that was ever-present in courtyard. "My suddenly-scant writing ability will fail to attract her female charms!" I exclaimed. Mr. Magna Centipede, as he is currently known, approached, and with a flourish, removed his monocle and cleaned it with the burlap from a sack of potatoes sitting nearby. "My good man", he began, "it has come to my attention that you may be suffering from a disease most sinister."

"Sir, surely you cannot mean- !"

"Indeed, my boy, you are no longer rectus- your further actions will be plagued by what the heathen Chinee call 'Sausage Fingaz', or what we call 'actions of the left'."

As you can imagine, I was stricken a blow most severe. Thusly did I discover my lifelong handicap. :(
                  ---------------
                  Doc-in-training

Comment

You left-handed people are all weird.
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Note to self: Sit next to cute girl lefties at dinner parties....
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
                        You left-handed people are all weird.
                        It's because we're all right-sided in the brain!
                        | | |

Comment

No discrimination here, but proud to stand and be counted as a lefty.
                          Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                          Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

If you're Single, being left-handed gives you better odds of being perceived as different or "special." Women tend to like left-handed guys because of this; they feel the love from an entirely different direction - literally.

So in a way, you're already ahead of the game because you're different from all the other guys she's been with (who she's failed in relationships with).

Just a lil' psychology there.

p.s.
                            I'm not only the president, but I'm also a client

Comment

All Hail Being Ambidextrous!!!
                              |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X