• Show
Clear All

• Poor Planning or God has a great sense of humor

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news...st_snowed.html

The pictures are great.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Re: Poor Planning or God has a great sense of humor

I particularly love the statement that they didn't think the snow conflicted with their message....oh cruel irony, you win again!
    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Ahaha, love the irony.
      sigpic

Comment

Its a poor name for what they are trying to make known. It should really be named "Climate Change" as it doesn't have to mean that the climate is warming. This doesn't reflect my views though, just a statement regarding what many, even those who blinding believe and protest, do not realize.

Comment

There is no irony here to me. If you do your homework you realize that increased precip. is always an effect of global climate warming. Now, take that info. and look at recent snowfall rates. You will find it alarmingly high. If the climate was cooler and drier, you'd get much less snowfall, much less winter storms, and arctic blasts would be much lower.

Dont expect to see Winters that are overly forgiving if global warming is a reality. Fact is, the winters will likely be more brutal as the planet tries to maintain equilibrium.

Another problem that people fail to realize is the LOCATION of these abnormal snowfalls. Any snowfall on the E. seaboard goes into the sea and dilutes the seawater table, further weakening the atlantic's hydrodynamics... making the problem worse and making global temps rise even further. If it shuts down the gulfstream, watchout... those people in Baltimore will be popsicles holding signs.

Nope, no irony here to me at all. It's likely the people holding the posters knew this, but unfortunately the bystanders didnt and were probably giggling.

Comment

Yeah ok Mr. Hollywood, FL. :)
            Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostintheShell View Post
              Yeah ok Mr. Hollywood, FL. :)
              Born in Minnesota of Norweigian heritage ;)

Comment

Now remember kids, it doesn't matter if the weather is getting warmer or colder, dryer or wetter, more stable or more erratic, more frequent storms or less frequent storms -- its ALL because of global warming. When we have years with lots of hurricanes, its because of global warming. When we have years with almost no hurricanes, thats because of global warming too! When we have extremely mild winters with little snowfall, thats because of global warming. When we have very bitter winters with heavy blizzards, thats because of global warming too!

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                  Now remember kids, it doesn't matter if the weather is getting warmer or colder, dryer or wetter, more stable or more erratic, more frequent storms or less frequent storms -- its ALL because of global warming. When we have years with lots of hurricanes, its because of global warming. When we have years with almost no hurricanes, thats because of global warming too! When we have extremely mild winters with little snowfall, thats because of global warming. When we have very bitter winters with heavy blizzards, thats because of global warming too!
                  Crap! All this time I'd thought it was because we weren't sacrificing enough virgins! :p
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I can't give either of you any more +rep, but I would if I could.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                      Born in Minnesota of Norweigian heritage ;)
                      Sorry, I couldn't resist busting your balls for talking about snow and currently living in FL. Glad you took it with a smile.

Comment

Maybe this should be another thread, but all modern problems are related to two things: G. W. Bush or Global Warming.

For example:

Person 1-"Wow, I'm cold."

Person 2 option a-"It would be warmer if Bush wasn't President. It's his incompetence that has led to colder temperatures."
                        Person 2 option b-"Global warming is behind winter being cold."
                        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
                          Maybe this should be another thread, but all modern problems are related to two things: G. W. Bush or Global Warming.

For example:

Person 1-"Wow, I'm cold."

Person 2 option a-"It would be warmer if Bush wasn't President. It's his incompetence that has led to colder temperatures."
                          Person 2 option b-"Global warming is behind winter being cold."
                          We have a winnaaaarrrr!!

My four years at UF proved that to me. It doesn't matter what it is... everything is attributable to either one of those. I actually got on a professor's bad side, making fun of his tendency to do that- whenever we would talk about a particular virus' effect, I would pipe up, "Obviously, it's Bush's fault."

Unfortunately, he still never stopped his 10 min. ssoliloquy (which he thought was a monologue) bringing up political issues in a virology class :P
                          ---------------
                          Doc-in-training

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor Goku View Post
                            We have a winnaaaarrrr!!

My four years at UF proved that to me. It doesn't matter what it is... everything is attributable to either one of those. I actually got on a professor's bad side, making fun of his tendency to do that- whenever we would talk about a particular virus' effect, I would pipe up, "Obviously, it's Bush's fault."

Unfortunately, he still never stopped his 10 min. ssoliloquy (which he thought was a monologue) bringing up political issues in a virology class :P
                            Seeing as how politics are an analogy to virus' I dont blame him for bringing it up in a virology class.

Comment

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
                              Seeing as how politics are an analogy to virus' I dont blame him for bringing it up in a virology class.
                              I lol'd :P
                              ---------------
                              Doc-in-training

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse