X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl, 16, hanged in public in Iran

Violence, poverty and abuse led girl, 16, to gallows

Girl, 16, hanged in public in Iran
    On Sunday, August 15, a 16-year-old girl in the town of Neka, northern Iran, was executed. Ateqeh Sahaleh was hanged in public on Simetry Street off Rah Ahan Street at the city center.

The sentence was issued by the head of Neka’s Justice Department and subsequently upheld by the mullahs’ Supreme Court and carried out with the approval of Judiciary Chief Mahmoud Shahroudi.

In her summary trial, the teenage victim did not have any lawyer and efforts by her family to recruit a lawyer was to no avail. Ateqeh personally defended herself. She told the religious judge, Haji Rezaii, that he should punish the main perpetrators of moral corruption not the victims.

The judge personally pursued Ateqeh’s death sentence, beyond all normal procedures and finally gained the approval of the Supreme Court. After her execution Rezai said her punishment was not execution but he had her executed for her “sharp tongue”.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Girl, 16, hanged in public in Iran

Another example of where Humanity fails in general.
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Ah yes.. the Religion of peace strikes again.
      New to TG?

Comment

Ah yes ... religion strikes again.

Comment

Religion is never a problem unless it's coupled with political power. Religion doesn't "strike", government or criminals "strike". Goverments who feel that their only restraint is their religion, who feel that they don't answer to their people but to God, "strike."

It's true that religion has been misused a lot, but the situation that grips the world is Islamic terrorism and Islamic fundamentalism. "Religion" didn't kill that girl, an Islamic judge acting for a fundamentalist Islamic regime killed that girl.
          Last edited by leejo; 09-07-2004, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
            Religion is never a problem unless it's coupled with political power.
            Throughout history, political power and religious power have been inseperably intertwined...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

That is simply not true. History is chock-full of examples of secular leaders and secular states in which religion prospered and but was not politically dominant. Think on it or I'll cite some examples if you insist.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                That is simply not true. History is chock-full of examples of secular leaders and secular states in which religion prospered and but was not politically dominant. Think on it or I'll cite some examples if you insist.
                It most certainly is true. Oh, there have been exceptions, but you stated that religion is NEVER a problem unless it's coupled with political power, which is misleading if not false.

Remember that absolutes are never true. :icon_cool
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Religion never is a problem unless it's coupled with political power! When has it been?

Comment

never mind. This is a red herring anyway. The point is that civilization, literally, is facing a threat from militant islam. They seem uninterested in discussion or compromise and moderate islam seems unwilling or unable to curb their radical brothers.

Comparing the current situation to "religion" in general is like comparing throwing a bullet to shooting one. "Religion" isn't shooting up schools, chopping off heads, blowing up buildings full of workers, or hanging 16-year-old girls. Islamic militants and fundamentalist Islamic states are.

Comment

When has it been?
                      In my everyday life it's a problem when those damned Jehovah's witnesses come knocking door to door. Or when people put bible tracts on my car windshield. Or when they stop me on my way into a store and ask if I've been saved... :D

Comment

yeah ok. But that's just people being annoying. i would love to wave a magic wand and have all annoying people go away, but I keep waving and nothing happens. Maybe I should start waving my wand on a different street corner or adjust my tinfoil hat.

But you aren't seriously comparing having a flier put on your windshield to a 16-year-old girl being hanging in public for having sex with an unmarried man or mouthing off to the judge are you?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X