X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "do as I say, not as I do" moment from the left

http://www.drudgereport.com/dncg.htm

KERRY COSPONSORED BILL BANNING GUN HE WAVES

Was Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry seen this weekend waving a gun which would have been banned if legislation he co-sponsored became law?

Kerry co-sponsored S. 1431 last year (“The Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003) which would have banned a "semiautomatic shotgun that has a pistol grip.”

Opponents of the bill successfully argued how nearly all guns have "pistol grips," inluding millions of Browning Auto-5 shotguns produced since 1903.

Kerry was presented with the gun during a Labor Day stop in Racine, West Virginia.

"I thank you for the gift, but I can't take it to the debate with me," Kerry told a cheering crowd as he held up the device.

[Kerry's gun bill would also ban any "gift" transaction. Kerry did not submit to a waiting period or background check before he claimed the gun.]

Photos show Kerry's hand resting on the semiautomatic shotgun's "pistol grip."

Kerry's bill would ban millions of semi-automatics, including those with "pistol grips." [Section SEC. 2; (H) (ii)]

Re: Another "do as I say, not as I do" moment from the left

New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
      Photos show Kerry's hand resting on the semiautomatic shotgun's "pistol grip."
      Ummm, the photo very clearly shows that the shotgun his is holding has a rifle grip and not a pistol grip. Otherwise it would've been a cool article...

Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

The definition of a pistol grip per the bill proposed:

`(42) PISTOL GRIP- The term `pistol grip' means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip

Nice and clear for you now isn't it? Own the language and you win the war of politics.

Quote from Drudge:
        But Kerry's gun bill would have also banned any "gift" transaction!

[It is not clear if Kerry completed the required paperwork (Form 4473) before he claimed the gun.]
        New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
          The definition of a pistol grip per the bill proposed:

`(42) PISTOL GRIP- The term `pistol grip' means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip

Nice and clear for you now isn't it? Own the language and you win the war of politics.
          Ah, I was using the existing legal definition of 'pistol grip'.
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
            Ah, I was using the existing legal definition of 'pistol grip'.
            Under the proposed new laws, it doesn't matter how long the stock actually is, but if it can be held in a pistol-style due to its styling, they consider it a pistol grip. If you cut that stock off just behind the knurled grip, you would have a pistol grip. I think that's what they are aiming at.

Both my Remington 700 and Mossberg shotgun have "pistol" grips. I guess my Ruger 10/22 Bullpup would fall under that category as well?
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I will not even go there, whe is a peice of S**T. I am more afraid of him that any terrorist org out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                Under the proposed new laws, it doesn't matter how long the stock actually is, but if it can be held in a pistol-style due to its styling, they consider it a pistol grip. If you cut that stock off just behind the knurled grip, you would have a pistol grip. I think that's what they are aiming at.

Both my Remington 700 and Mossberg shotgun have "pistol" grips. I guess my Ruger 10/22 Bullpup would fall under that category as well?
                Well, then, there would be no other type of grip. At least I can't think of any...
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

something like this:

would not have a pistol grip under the new law.

I know it is a mock up for a computer game, but I am trying to give an example of the style stock needed to be legal.

the sad part is, a lot of current models can be refitted to have the pistolless grip that is shown here, thereby sidestepping that part of the law. thus making it useless if not just annoying.
                  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                  The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
                    something like this:
                    would not have a pistol grip under the new law.
                    That's very similar to the stock that Senator Kerry was holding in the photo... The fat part of the stock can still be cut off to leave a "pistol grip". And if you read the law as quoted above, it doesn't even have to be cut off to be considered a pistol grip...

Comment

Originally posted by IceCold
                      That's very similar to the stock that Senator Kerry was holding in the photo... The fat part of the stock can still be cut off to leave a "pistol grip". And if you read the law as quoted above, it doesn't even have to be cut off to be considered a pistol grip...
                      It's actually quite a bit different than the Remington 11-87 stock.. The key differences, unfortunately, are under his hand in the photo but clearly visible in the FreakingNews.com photo that was posted in this thread. All of Remington's current rifles use this same stock design.
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                        It's actually quite a bit different than the Remington 11-87 stock.. The key differences, unfortunately, are under his hand in the photo but clearly visible in the FreakingNews.com photo that was posted in this thread. All of Remington's current rifles use this same stock design.
                        It's curved a bit more, and would look more like a traditional pistol grip if you cut off the rest of the stock, but neither one would look like it was supposed to be a pistol grip, nor would they functionally be any different. And both would, according to Squid's quote, fit the proposed definition of "pistol grip": The definition of a pistol grip per the bill proposed:

Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X