• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playboy to feature gaming characters.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D84V40NO0.html

Sep 7, 7:12 PM (ET)

By ANTHONY BREZNICAN

(AP) The half-human, half-vampire animated character "BloodRayne" appears in this computer-generated...
    Full Image

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Playboy is taking a chance on silicon instead of silicone. The October issue of the men's magazine features several video game characters posing in the nude - images created by the game companies through detailed computer illustration.

"Hopefully the purists won't get too bent out of shape. This is just the next version of the pinup," said Playboy senior editor Scott Alexander, who developed the project.

The computerized models are part of the magazine's video game preview, titled "Gaming Grows Up." The five-page section starts with a topless image of the half-vampire, half-human title character from "BloodRayne," a leather-clad woman who fights with three-foot blades attached to her arms.

The next image is a full-frontal, two-page foldout of a character named Luba Licious from the upcoming mature-rated comedy game "Leisure Suit Larry," which is about a shrimpy guy who travels a college campus courting impossibly buxom coeds.
    Ahem, and umm:
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Playboy to feature gaming characters.

Finally, Ms. Pac Man will be presented in her full glory.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      Finally, Ms. Pac Man will be presented in her full glory.
      Hubba hubba!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

omg.... please let laura be in there PLEASE!

but I really want to see zelda. she was hot:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

man i swear

these geeks who get jollys looking at lara croft in her nick nacks are just soo sad its pathetic.

get a girlfriend please,

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
            omg.... please let laura be in there PLEASE!

but I really want to see zelda. she was hot:

http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/home/veroni...L_2D/zelda.jpg
            That's Link buddy. And I'll pass on seeing him nude.

Comment

Oh, the horror.
              Originally posted by Beevis
              Heh... heh.. wanna see my .... Master.. Sword...? heh.. heh....

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

You all know why Ender hasn't posted in this thread yet? He's standing in line at his local magazine stand.... :icon22:
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

LOL!

Ender, you gonna take that lying down (like you did the centerfold)?

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                    You all know why Ender hasn't posted in this thread yet? He's standing in line at his local magazine stand.... :icon22:
                    What he's really saying is "Let me borrow it when you're done"

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                      What he's really saying is "Let me borrow it when you're done"
                      Pffft..... I've had a subscription for the last decade.
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                        That's Link buddy. And I'll pass on seeing him nude.

I never played the game, but do you know how hard it was to find a big enough picture to explain the 32x32 dot block that was zelda. she was nothing more than an animated icon. sorry for not knowing the difference between the two. I was never into that kind of boring drag on doing the same thing over and over game that zelda and link started.

as for needing a girlfriend dudeman, I have been married for 8 years, but my wife (whom I love very much, and is very beautiful in her own right) has never and will never look like laura croft. most women dont/wont/cant. I doubt your girlfriend compares either. It is easy to make a perfect female when you draw her. plus, there is no need to airbrush out the things that dont look good.

you'll understand one day. see at some point you will wake up with hair in wierd places, your voice will be shaky, you will have these urges to look at and touch women. on that day, you will understand why men like the way laura croft looks. dont worry though, it should happen in the next few years.
                        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Dont you play GR?

Comment

LESS TALK MORE PICTURES!!!!
                            Former TGNS admin until WoW blinded me with flashy lights.

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
                              I have been married for 8 years, but my wife (whom I love very much, and is very beautiful in her own right) has never and will never look like laura croft. most women dont/wont/cant. I doubt your girlfriend compares either. It is easy to make a perfect female when you draw her. plus, there is no need to airbrush out the things that dont look good.
                              My wife and I talked about this for a bit. Well, mostly about whether or not ogling game characters is mildly kinky or disgustingly perverted. But yeah, it comes right down to fantasy. The same reason we enjoy looking at beautiful models with their clothes off. Everyone has their own idea of the perfect looking woman. Barbie was designed with proportions that are anatomically impossible, I've read. Most of the pinup art from the world wars were drawn/painted the same way. We have an idea of what turns us on in our fantasies and just because we don't choose to live them out doesn't mean there's anything wrong with that. Enjoying the view of a beautiful cartoon does not mean that you don't want to be with a real woman, just like enjoying the view of a beautiful nude model doesn't mean that you don't want to be with your wife/girlfriend.
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X