Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geeez.. Decisions, Decisions..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Geeez.. Decisions, Decisions..

    OK, So I am thinking of getting a second car to replace my second car - I LOVE my Liberty - so thats not going away. I've got teh loaded up Sequoia that just goes NOWHERE anymore.

    So.. I want a 'PLAY' car. Not a 'vette, or Miata, or Solstice, or whatever the usual semi-inexpensive 'PLAY' car is for the day. The Plymouth Prowler comes to mind but they are so common.

    I could get another Jeep for 28k, but why?

    How about a street modded Sand Rail - like this..

    http://www2.dizzler.com/?p=public.sh...=47956a7191454

    Thats the Uzi 1..I'm looking at the Uzi 2 from http://www.federalsandrail.com/ - What do you think? with maybe a nice washed out set of TG tags on the side? (Seriously)

    Just looking for a play-mobile. I thought about a motorcycle (HD or Triumph), single engine Cessna, Diamond, Adam 500, Powered Paraglider, rebuilt classic Land Cruiser.. etc.. but my recent accident-prone history has caused me to rethink that route. Even though it's a sand-rail.. it'd never see sand dunes until I probably resold it.

    OH I just had an idea! what if I could get the guys at Federal to work with the guys at Pierce (http://www.piercemfg.com/Home.html) - they are clients of ours.... Hrmmmm...

    Maybe a TG TF2 Pyro theme on the side?

    Edit: OH.. if anyone knows a less expensive builder than Federal.. speak up - They ARE a premium builder and I'm really not going to run the Baja 1000 or Paris/Dakar - but I still want WELL BUILT.
    sigpic



  • #2
    Re: Geeez.. Decisions, Decisions..

    Ooooh! That would be fun in the Yuma sand dunes. 200hp and 1200fpt with 24in of travel suspension!I like it I like it a lot!!!!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Geeez.. Decisions, Decisions..

      Yeah.. we have more Mud here than dunes.. but I'm just not into the Mud Buggy thang.. and I thought about an Airboat.. but I want something I can pop into on the awesome weather days we so frequently have.
      sigpic


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Geeez.. Decisions, Decisions..

        If you can land yourself one of these babies, give it a shot: http://www.go-t-rex.com/

        Yes, it's me being patriotic. =P
        Last edited by CingularDuality; 01-22-2008, 02:17 AM. Reason: hotlinked
        GOD IS DEAD. THE N00BS TEAMKILLED HIM.


        Titan specialist!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Geeez.. Decisions, Decisions..

          HEY.. I lIKE that.. the T-rex is cool.. BUT.. I want something that is delivering..
          sigpic


          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Geeez.. Decisions, Decisions..

            Originally posted by P8riot View Post
            Yeah.. we have more Mud here than dunes.. but I'm just not into the Mud Buggy thang.. and I thought about an Airboat.. but I want something I can pop into on the awesome weather days we so frequently have.
            I see your problem. The closest sand dunes to florida would probably be Texas or Oklahoma. I don't think you want to try and do that in a weekend trip. That's a lot of money to spend on something that you can't come close to using to it's potential.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Geeez.. Decisions, Decisions..

              Originally posted by Drizzid View Post
              I see your problem. The closest sand dunes to florida would probably be Texas or Oklahoma. I don't think you want to try and do that in a weekend trip. That's a lot of money to spend on something that you can't come close to using to it's potential.
              Roger that.. but it's still got to be well made, resellable, and unique.. I also thought about the Brammo (Ariel) Atom.. but thats just in another league.
              sigpic


              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Geeez.. Decisions, Decisions..

                How about a beat up 1989 Toyota Celica with a 19 year old girl in it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Geeez.. Decisions, Decisions..

                  Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                  How about a beat up 1989 Toyota Celica with a 19 year old girl in it.
                  If she's hot, I'll take two of those please. Oh, and tack on some fries, I'll pay for the combo. :icon26:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Geeez.. Decisions, Decisions..

                    Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                    How about a beat up 1989 Toyota Celica with a 19 year old girl in it.
                    Does your sister know you are trying to sell her?
                    sigpic


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Geeez.. Decisions, Decisions..

                      Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                      If she's hot, I'll take two of those please. Oh, and tack on some fries, I'll pay for the combo. :icon26:
                      D00D! This is MY second, 'er third, (fourth?) childhood! Git'cher own!
                      sigpic


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Geeez.. Decisions, Decisions..

                        Well I was going to suggest the Aerial Atom but alas. I'm a little confused as to what your after? You want a sand buggy but your never going to put a wheel off the pavement? Why not focus then on buying a vehicle designed to be fun on pavement?

                        Personally I would look into getting yourself a tuner friendly car. You could then make it into anything you like. Customise it to suite your style and performance needs. There are countless cars out there that have potential. Add to that that they are cars you could actually go on a road trip with it and not worry about the weather changing.

                        You may also want to consider a racing series. Perhaps build up a car (or purchase a used one) for autocrossing, rally cross :icon_cool, time attack or drifting. You could have a wack of legal fun without hurting your driving record. Plus you can sell used race prepped cars within the community when you get bored and want a new car to race.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Geeez.. Decisions, Decisions..

                          The Brammo Atom (The American version of the Aerial) is more than I want to lay down for a toy... But it WAS my first choice.

                          I'm not into tuner cars.. I don't want to work on them right now - I don't have time. I'm going to save building a track car for my 5th childhood - like dragsters.

                          A nice sand-rail style would also look good without being just another off-road vehical when I need to visit our construction sites. Anyway, after I got done customizing the Sand Rail.. It pretty much would be like a 'Dirt Rail' with higher tolerances for rough trails and water. So it wasn't exactly true to say it would never roll off-road.. but it would be far less often that the vehical was intended for.
                          sigpic


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Geeez.. Decisions, Decisions..

                            Ok thanks for clarifying that point for me. Then a pure street tuned vehicle may not be best for you.

                            I would look into getting a slightly used Subaru Impreza WRX ( or STI if you have the cash). You could get it customised and tunned at a shop, no time required by you. It would be able to takle dirt no problem and be a blast. Ok personal bias here as that is what I want but still a versatile vehicle. Not very unique though.

                            The sand rail option is different and will turn some heads for sure. Good luck

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Geeez.. Decisions, Decisions..

                              Originally posted by Long Bow View Post
                              Ok thanks for clarifying that point for me. Then a pure street tuned vehicle may not be best for you.

                              I would look into getting a slightly used Subaru Impreza WRX ( or STI if you have the cash). You could get it customised and tunned at a shop, no time required by you. It would be able to takle dirt no problem and be a blast. Ok personal bias here as that is what I want but still a versatile vehicle. Not very unique though.

                              The sand rail option is different and will turn some heads for sure. Good luck
                              Yeah.. I like the WRX's - almost bought one a few years back. I've got my 'everyday' car though even if it is a little unexpected that I like driving my Jeep over the Sequoia and the MDX.

                              After looking around a lot and not seeing much else that was a turn-key option for sand rails, I started a conversation with Federal about modding the UZI 2 more toward a 'Trail-rail' - so we'll see what they come up with.

                              Oh.. and the 4 second 0-60 had a little bit to do with it too..
                              sigpic


                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X