• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official, Bush Lie(d)(s)

http://www.opednews.com/articles/ope...t_study_fi.htm

and

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080123/...ormation_study

My question is, was paying someone to do this study even necessary?
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: It's official, Bush Lie(d)(s)

Heh at least the first one isn't written by anyone biased or anything:

"Frank J. Ranelli is a progressive, free-lance political writer and Internet talk show host. His current journalism endeavors to educate people on the dangers of the Bush Administration, the Religious Right, and the unlawful occupation of Iraq. In addition, he is an ardent advocate for the impeachment of President George W. Bush"

Oh.. and here is how they do it:
    "Bush led with 259 false statements, 231 about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 28 about Iraq's links to al-Qaida, the study found. That was second only to Powell's 244 false statements about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 10 about Iraq and al-Qaida."
    The old weapons of mass destruction argument...
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I'm glad it was a non-profit agency. That makes me feel so much better about it. You can believe all not for profit groups. I still believe almost 100% of everything in these articles falls under the "Hindsight is 20/20" cliche.
      |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
        Heh at least the first one isn't written by anyone biased or anything:

"Frank J. Ranelli is a progressive, free-lance political writer and Internet talk show host. His current journalism endeavors to educate people on the dangers of the Bush Administration, the Religious Right, and the unlawful occupation of Iraq. In addition, he is an ardent advocate for the impeachment of President George W. Bush"
        :icon_roll Maybe his editors have a sense of propriety.
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
          Heh at least the first one isn't written by anyone biased or anything
          Bias? At a website called "OpEdNews.com"? Surely, you jest.

Interesting study. Of course it was unnecessary, but interesting nonetheless.
          Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post
            I'm glad it was a non-profit agency. That makes me feel so much better about it. You can believe all not for profit groups. I still believe almost 100% of everything in these articles falls under the "Hindsight is 20/20" cliche.
            That's funny that you think they're impartial or non-partisan because they are non-profit. I'd be curious to see how much of George Soros' donations paid for this study.
            "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
            He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
              That's funny that you think they're impartial or non-partisan because they are non-profit. I'd be curious to see how much of George Soros' donations paid for this study.
              That "whooshing" sound you didn't hear was sarcasm.

Comment

Whoopsie.
                "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Its funny that anyone had to do this. Bush is a politician. What do politicians do by nature?

Comment

I wonder why this study is front-page headline newsworthy. It's the same exact argument people have been making forever, except now someone counted how many times he's said these things. I still don't believe the study proves that bush truly and knowingly lied though. Whats to say that Bush and everyone didn't know these were false pretenses. So without proof of him knowingly lying, how the heck is this "study" productive?
                    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                      So without proof of him knowingly lying, how the heck is this "study" productive?
                      It's good Fodder..should it traction in the REAL media..for the Election.. I'm sure..
                      Right now it's blog (and Forum) fodder..
                      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                        Bush is a politician. What do politicians do by nature?
                        Heh..How true sir..How true...
                        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                          Its funny that anyone had to do this. Bush is a politician. What do politicians do by nature?

I agree. Everybody has already made up their minds.

But not many politicians have had the opportunity to lie about a pre-emotive war. So at least he stands out in that respect.
                          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

It all depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
                            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I wonder if this will have any bearing on his standing in the community as a good Christian moral man? Hmmmm...

When they finally put his ass on the stand he will use the old "I don't recall".
                              Last edited by Hambergler; 01-23-2008, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X