• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scientific Study Finds Fluoride Horror Stories Factual

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=...ts-on-fluoride

Well, discuss already, friends.

>:)

Re: Scientific Study Finds Fluoride Horror Stories Factual

Didn't you post this already somewhere else?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
      Didn't you post this already somewhere else?
      No. This just came out today I believe.

Comment

We had a trolling flouride conspiracy thread a little while back, which is what you think you're remembering. But you're not, we implanted that memory.

Comment

Did you bother to read the line directly below the headline? The part about it being risky "if overused"?

It says nothing about the so called "horror stories".
          Try using a little more fact and a little less overdramatization. People might take you more seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
            Did you bother to read the line directly below the headline? The part about it being risky "if overused"?

It says nothing about the so called "horror stories".
            Try using a little more fact and a little less overdramatization. People might take you more seriously.
            I just copied the title of the blog that brought this article to my attention, bud.

Don't undergo herniation.

http://pupaganda.com/2008/01/15/scie...s-factual.aspx

Comment

How am I supposed to draw any conclusions, the article is only a 2-paragraph teaser to a longer story that's only available to SA subscribers. Do you have a link to the full article?
              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                How am I supposed to draw any conclusions, the article is only a 2-paragraph teaser to a longer story that's only available to SA subscribers. Do you have a link to the full article?
                Do I look seem like a subscriber to you?

I'll see if I can get it for you though. I only posted it because people always demand some "hard evidence" or documentation by a "recognised scientific establishment."

I already knew it was poison.

Are you only willing to take it into advisement if its free?

Comment

So you haven't read it either? Hm...

Whether it's free or not isn't the point. You're apparently making an argument and trying to back it up with evidence... except, the evidence is a subscription only website and we can't really read your evidence. Don't put the onus on me to pay for it, you're the one making claims.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                    So you haven't read it either? Hm...

Whether it's free or not isn't the point. You're apparently making an argument and trying to back it up with evidence... except, the evidence is a subscription only website and we can't really read your evidence. Don't put the onus on me to pay for it, you're the one making claims.
                    You're projecting assumptions. This thread was just me posting an article. This isn't the sandbox, so please don't take it there.

Comment

Fair enough. To me, it's pretty audacious to make a claim about "fluoride horror stories" and not properly back it up. I have no context, so my first reply wasn't trying to incite anything, I honestly want to see the article. Shame on me for assuming you had actually read it.

Comment

The study: Link.

USA Today article from March, 2006: Link.

I'm not sure what new research they're talking about in the SA article (since I'm not a subscriber). Based on the National Academies study, it looks like the over-fluoridation problem is two fold: The EPA allowance is too high (four times the ADA recommendation for effectively preventing decay) and both industrial and non-point source fluoride pollution increasing the level of fluoride occurring in the water.

Comment

Once again Mentholated has proven beyond a doubt, with incontrovertible evidence, the facts: he doesn't know how proof actually works, nor where the burden of proof lies, nor how to make an inductive conclusion according to the rules of informal (argumentative) logic.

Correct me if I'm wrong here (not you, Menth, your system of logic wouldn't apply to the following statement) but isn't it true that:
                          Since argumentative logic is the basis of all argument and logic systems in conversation, unless otherwise stated, it follows that it is ultimately futile to engage in any reasoning or debate with someone who does not operate within the same logical framework.

If we could all speak in terms used in the many different logic systems (eg, Boolean, or computational, or syllogistic, etc.) perhaps we could find the same language or system and have a real conversation.

However, since we aren't willing or able to do that just so Mentholated can make a point, and since he isn't willing to follow the rules of argumentative logic all the time, he can't make his points in a way that is acceptable to us, nor can we make any reply (other than agreement) that he can accept in the way in which they are made. The only agreement from him I've seen is when someone's point is misunderstood or misinterpreted as some form of agreement with his own--another logical fallacy.

Therefore, it is futile to spend time engaging in debate; which I never like to believe of a person. However, as I said at the beginning of my post, you have given incontrovertible proof that you are unable or unwilling to remedy the logical impasse at which we find ourselves.

Sorry, Menth, but you just made it on to my ignore list. :icon23:
                          sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Axis of Eeevil View Post
                            Once again Mentholated has proven beyond a doubt, with incontrovertible evidence, the facts: he doesn't know how proof actually works, nor where the burden of proof lies, nor how to make an inductive conclusion according to the rules of informal (argumentative) logic.

Correct me if I'm wrong here (not you, Menth, your system of logic wouldn't apply to the following statement) but isn't it true that:
                            Since argumentative logic is the basis of all argument and logic systems in conversation, unless otherwise stated, it follows that it is ultimately futile to engage in any reasoning or debate with someone who does not operate within the same logical framework.

If we could all speak in terms used in the many different logic systems (eg, Boolean, or computational, or syllogistic, etc.) perhaps we could find the same language or system and have a real conversation.

However, since we aren't willing or able to do that just so Mentholated can make a point, and since he isn't willing to follow the rules of argumentative logic all the time, he can't make his points in a way that is acceptable to us, nor can we make any reply (other than agreement) that he can accept in the way in which they are made. The only agreement from him I've seen is when someone's point is misunderstood or misinterpreted as some form of agreement with his own--another logical fallacy.

Therefore, it is futile to spend time engaging in debate; which I never like to believe of a person. However, as I said at the beginning of my post, you have given incontrovertible proof that you are unable or unwilling to remedy the logical impasse at which we find ourselves.

Sorry, Menth, but you just made it on to my ignore list. :icon23:
                            This isn't the sandbox, please stay on topic.

By the way, proof is an illusion. There is only what one believes to be true. For example, if one were to have an entire society's knowledge based upon lies and manipulation of history, any knowledge arising from those lies would be considered true to the people subjected to that society, but to causality, they would just be fabrications.

And since I'm already on his ignore list, I love you too big fella. I forgive you.

Comment

Who reading this thread has actually read the entire article?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X