Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me ?

Or is this ridiculous ?

Does no one believe anymore that $&^* just plain happens...and there is no one who should actually be faulted ? Why does someone always have to pay ?? :icon23:
    Yes
    70.00%
    No
    30.00%

Re: Is it just me ?

Frivolous, no. In poor taste, perhaps.

The insurance company is obviously trying to do something to help absorb the hit that two skyscrapers collapsing can cause. Building insurance against stuff like that had to be insanely cheap (it's not like San Francisco where earthquakes matter), and ponying up that kind of cash didn't just empty the insurance companies' wallets, it took the wallets, turned them inside out, threw them into a bowl of acid, peed on them, took them out, beat them with a hammer and flushed them down SuperToilet.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
      Frivolous, no. In poor taste, perhaps.
      I'd say it's frivolous to sue an American company for something that was obviously beyond the responsibility of the airlines...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'd say they took it to recoup their losses, but let's face it, you live in a society that encourages people to look for other peoples money.

Comment

I think that sueing boing is kinda over the top. its like sueing ford for a drunk driver's actions, or dell for a hackers computer fraud. just cause their name was on the thing, doesn't mean they had a part in anything. I could see to a VERY small extent going after the airline. the security measures failed, but the airports should hold as much if not MORE of the responsibility for the results of any slip in security.
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Someone (Karma) correct me if I'm wrong, but in order to be found Negligent you have to prove that the accident was foreseeable and preventable, and that you ignored both. I doubt the Airlines will get off scott free, but it will be hard to prove that the Airlines knew their planes could be used as missiles and did not take reasonable security measures to prevent it.

All they have to say is that "the Gov't never told us it was a threat and we were following FAA security guidelines. No one has ever used an Airplane as a missile before, so how could we have known?"

On 9/10/2001 was it "reasonable" to suspect that this would happen ?
            New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by eternal
              Unacceptable, if I fly, I should be gauranteed safety.
              Guaranteeing safety is impossible. And it's pretty silly to even expect it... What're you going to do, strap all pax in straight jackets, or ban fists? Absurd....
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                Guaranteeing safety is impossible. And it's pretty silly to even expect it... What're you going to do, strap all pax in straight jackets, or ban fists? Absurd....
                I was going to reply very similarly, but instead, I think I'll suggest he take the train.....

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
                  Someone (Karma) correct me if I'm wrong, but in order to be found Negligent you have to prove that the accident was foreseeable and preventable, and that you ignored both.
                  I have no sympathy for the insurers, it is organized fraud. Yet i must say the Airline did know of air related terror befor hand look at all that has happened outside of this country. Underwriters, make judgements on the risk of payment. If there had been no 9/11 would they have given the premiums back, hell no. Are they intitled to reembursement, Hell no.
                  Last edited by phyllis; 09-11-2004, 05:57 PM.

Comment

no hold on a second,

my boss brother had 50 000 invested in the world trade center and lost it all when they came down.

on his income he is now broke. so what just leave that, no insurance paid out, as should all parties involved. god knows i am paying for it everytime i get insured, insurance prices around the world go up, i am paying out every year for it, and american airlines doesnt.

screw that.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by NewsWrthy
                      Yet i must say the Airline did know of air related terror befor hand look at all that has happened outside of this country.
                      Terrorists hijacked airplanes using small razor blades and then used the planes as missiles by flying them directly into the tallest buildings in the world... How exactly were the airlines to predict and prevent that?

No, to hold the airlines responsible for what happened is unreasonable and asinine.
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Actually I disagree with that analogy, although I agree with most of the rest of your post.
                        my analogy was suing boeing over the 9/11 attacks. if you read down near the bottom of the article, they are mentioned as defendants as well.

I mispelled boeing in my first post, and might be doing it now, but I appologize for the confusion.
                        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

Comment

Didn't the 9/11 commision state that that is not a viable excuse?

How in the hell can you guys sit there and tell me, when I get on a plane I should not expect the airline to gaurantee I will land? That is just insane.
                          When I go into surgery I am gauranteed to come out safe or I can sue. When I get on a ride at an amusement park I am gauranteed I get off safe or I can sue. Why should it be different for airlines? It baffles my mind to think you guys are telling me, in not so many words, I am an idiot for thinking this way.
                          How are you going to guarantee that I don't get on a plane and pound the crap out of the flight attendants with my bare hands and then break down the unreinforced cockpit door and strangle the flight crew? There simply isn't a way to guarantee somebody's safety anywhere or anytime. And if you think there is, then, yeah, I think you're an idiot. It's not possible to predict what people are going to do, nor to control their minds to prevent them from doing it.
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

but e has a point. you fall in a business and hurt yourself... lawsuit.

get a watch sewn up in ya..... lawsuit.

if you are under the umbrella of a corporation, there are certain responsibilities they have to help insure your safety. not that they can 100% of the time, but they are supposed to make every effort.

just cause it was razorblades and not ak47's doesnt make it ok. it was just a hole in security. where would the "ok" line be drawn? how tight does the security have to be before ppl stop flying? how lax does it have to be before the plane is hijacked. the balancing act is hard, and there are risks going either way.

Comment

If y'all think it's a good idea for each employer to fortify the workplace just in case a gang of terrorists show up - each store, each school, each bus, train, or plane - then get out your checkbook and get used to paying $25.00 for a gallon of milk. The Anti-Terror bunny isn't going to show up with a basket full of money to put the systems and personnel in place to make you feel safe.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X