My first shot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first shot

So yeah this was my first time shooting (big deal in the UK) And I gained a nearly perfect score on the right hand target. Range was 25 yards.
    10 Rounds per target, none missed. (note the 6 holes)
    <<<<Magic!!

-F- Concr3te: "Brutus, goddammit, shut up!"

Re: My first shot

Are you in the Air Cadets? I was for a while and shot some .22 rifles, never got to fire an L98 (or whatever it's called) though.
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Yeah, RAF cadets. T'was a .22 rifle, I think. We're not allowed to use the L98s yet. =(
      <<<<Magic!!

Comment

Nice, shooting is an awesome sport, and it is too bad that your government basicaly killed it over there. Rifles in .22 are fun, but wait until you shoot centerfire ;)
        |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Centerfire?
          <<<<Magic!!

Comment

They're having you shoot without passing firearms 101? You need an NRA or something. Cartridges come in two primary types. Rimfire rounds, like .22 Long Rifle, have a flat base and the firing pin strikes the edge of the rim (hence the name). Centrefire rounds have a small round charge in the centre of the the cartridge's base (hence the name). Rimfire is cheap but unsuitable for large calibres. Thus, centrefire cartridges, e.g. .40 S&W, are about 11 a shot, while rimfire is sold in boxes of 500 for $10.

Were you shooting from iron sights or a scope?

Comment

Centipede just answered your question there. If you got excited with the .22, you will be giggling like a little girl when you shoot your first centerfire. Rimfire catridges have the same recoil as a paintball gun IMO. It's wierd to go from shooting a Benelli M2 Tactical or AK, to a Remington 597 in the same shooting period :D
              |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

"you will be giggling like a little girl when you shoot your first centerfire."

After the brief moment it takes to realise where your hands and weapon went after you shot. :D

Yeah, 22 is weak. I pushed 50 rounds through my SW40, then loaded up my Ruger Mark II. For a moment I wasn't sure the cartridge fired properly.

Comment

Ironsights, and yeah, one of the nco's pointed out to me the little dent was around the edge of the round.

Hehe, no 101 for me, just a 5 minute safety exam then they threw me in the range. (at the good end, of course)

Keep in mind this was in a school so we might not be allowed anything above .22
                  <<<<Magic!!

Comment

Guns rule. Maybe the US will sell the UK our constitution. We keep giving it away.... might as well make some coin in the process.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyStrike View Post
                      Guns rule. Maybe the US will sell the UK our constitution. We keep giving it away.... might as well make some coin in the process.

LOL. Did we not make the US constitution to spite the UK?

Sarcoma (who loves his guns)
                      Sarcoma.

Comment

I love my guns too. Infact I am trying to find the damn camera so I can post a pic of my new H&K USP :D
                        |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

When I was in Oahu I thought I might stop at an indoor "tourist" range near my hotel until I saw the prices. They were catering to wealthy Japanese businessman who could only shoot outside their own country. It was very upscale, kind of like a country club.

I recall suggesting to one local indoor range (northern California, up in Rohnert Park) that they ought to run a shuttle to San Francisco and tap into that kind of business.
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

is it true that you cannot own a gun in the UK?