Rambo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rambo

Let's take a moment to talk about how freaking awesome that was!!!! That must have been some of the best silver-screen killing and gib I have seen in ages...maybe EVER!!! I walked out of that movie with my best "1000 yard stare." It was too cool. Brought me back to boyhood for about 2 hours!
    | | |

Re: Rambo

^^words out of my mouth. +rep AD!

Comment

Damn... this makes me want to see it. :D
      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I'm surprised they didn't go the irony route and stick Rambo in Afghanistan again. Those wacky mujhadeen always seem to get into SOME kind of trouble! Although its not like Myanmar was a much better choice for an aged Stallone to romp through. I mean really, will the people of southeast Asia ever be safe?

Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Just got done seeing this and I can confirm it's awesomeness.

Comment

How did Stallone age i your guys's opinion.
            |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Crap, I had written this one off as crap, I'll have to check it out now.

Comment

i was skeptical about the new rambo movie, but it was FREAKING AWESOME, best shoot em up movie in a long time!!! no kidding! as for how stalone aged.... he doesn't look like an old geezer with an uzi by any means, they set the movie in the same timeline scale.. he has been in SE asia the whole time and i wont wreck the rest of the story for anyone, but go see it, its a must see and a must buy when it comes out on BD
                powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

All the movies sucked. Sly is a drooling idiot. The book on the other hand was great and I remember Rambo dying...I guess it was movie magic that revived him or "Medic"...JJ

Comment

I didn't see a sign on the door that said "Welcome Rambo Haters!" xD
                    | | |

Comment

I don't hate Rambo I actually loved the book I just think they either should have left it alone or found an alternative to Stallone.

Who else could you see playing Rambo?

Comment

Honestly, I couldn't see anybody else. But I was a kid when I saw First Blood...Sly has always been Rambo to me.
                        | | |

Comment

First Blood was a pretty good movie for it's time, but the others were the usual '80s cliche BS full of one liners and impossible stunts with very poor military advising going on behind the scenes leading to some really laughable stuff in the movies. Even so, I guess I do sort of miss the days of the '80s action movie with Arnold and crew so I will probably watch this when it hits DVD. I won't be expecting to see anything good like Rescue Dawn (which was really good even though the director is an idiot) but then you don't expect any Oscar performances out of Stallone.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                            Honestly, I couldn't see anybody else. But I was a kid when I saw First Blood...Sly has always been Rambo to me.
                            That is understandable I just think that when a book character dies it kind of makes the movie a little nonsensical due to the fact that you have to ask yourself how could they resurrect a dead character and have it be creditable...JJ

Comment

The same way Peter Jackson had the stupidity to put Elves at Helm's Deep in the Two Towers. Death to Peter Jackson!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X