New Atomic Element Discovered!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Atomic Element Discovered!!!

Research has led to the discovery of the heaviest element yet known to science.

The new element, Governmentium (Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons, and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons. Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert; however, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact. A minute amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second to take from four days to four years to complete.

Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2-6 years; It does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places. In fact, Governmentium's Mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganization will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes. This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration. This hypothetical quantity is referred to as critical morass.

When catalyzed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium, an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium since it has half as many peons but twice as many morons.

EDIT: (Yay me; 2000 posts, only half of which are email forwards)
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: New Atomic Element Discovered!!!

I came here actually expecting something like No. 117. Do I hold unrealistically high expectations in the Sandbox or what.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
      These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons.
      Best thing I've read all day.

Comment

I thought *I* was the new Atomic element. Man was I decieved...
        | | |

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
          I came here actually expecting something like No. 117. Do I hold unrealistically high expectations in the Sandbox or what.
          Me too!

it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact. A minute amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second to take from four days to four years to complete.
          The problem isn't that it impedes but that it diverts, and then grows the resource commitment (mission creep) in an attempt to suck all resources out of the universe.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
            Me too, funny though :)

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
              Me Three...I thought this was an AD related thread.
              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Sorry, Atomic Dog. Ever since I stopped being your favorite person, I stopped making threads about you.
                ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

but but but...Ferris was just a fling! I swear it!
                  | | |

Comment

Heh, I thought you'd post picture of your week old socks.
                    Nice post, I noticed it was an "joke" at the moron part. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
                      Ditto :P
                      ---------------
                      Doc-in-training

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse