Fox News in for a rough 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox News in for a rough 2008

For all of us Fox news lovers, I enjoyed this biased-but-truthful take on Fox's poor performance so far in this election year.

The point is that Fox News years ago made an obvious decision to appeal almost exclusively to Republican viewers. The good news then for Fox News was that it succeeded. The bad news now for Fox News is that it succeeded.
    http://mediamatters.org/columns/200801290001

edit/note: For as lousy as Fox's election 'coverage' has been, I think CNN's has been surprisingly good, and their ratings seem to reflect that.

Re: Fox News in for a rough 2008

I was a fox news lover then they started reporting stories about obama going to a muslim school in asia minor or something. And they completely blew it out of the water and made him sound like a terrorist.

Then they started reporting about companies in Texas that accepted the peso from Mexicans that would cross the boarder, again making this into a national crisis. So what?!

They really started to get racist and anti democratic, almost to a point where it wasnt news just their bias thoughts. And i agree CNN is doing a great job, even giving those republicans some time.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I'd have to agree. Fox has got a bit too far right lately. I read CNN.com every day (mostly because it's the simplest national news site I've found to navigate) and John McCain is on the front page more lately than the democrat candidates. CNN has always been a fairly good news source though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
        I'd have to agree. Fox has got a bit too far right lately. I read CNN.com every day (mostly because it's the simplest national news site I've found to navigate) and John McCain is on the front page more lately than the democrat candidates. CNN has always been a fairly good news source though.
        When has fox news ever been in the middle? I mean, I haven't been alive prior to 1989, (at least that I'm aware of), but as far as I can remember they have catered to ignorance.

Comment

When has fox news ever been in the middle? I mean, I haven't been alive prior to 1989, (at least that I'm aware of), but as far as I can remember they have catered to ignorance.
          They have an audience to cater too. I don't think it was always like it is now, where every 10 minutes its a "graphic" alert and a major freakout news announcement. It feels like I'm watching an entertainment news show than real and thoughtful current event dissemination. I dislike their trend of polarization of different positions on issues, where "debates" are closer to shouting matches of extreme viewpoints rather than a (rational) democratic debate. I've noticed this trend in other news outlets like cnn though, the "situation room" seems like a joke to me. You know, because nuclear bombs are falling everywhere and we need a special room to deliver the news and make people pay attention. Save us wolf blitzer!

The majority of American major media leans toward the liberal side of the spectrum, so now the right finally has their own, and with style. We all have Rupert Murdoch to thank for that, so now you have a name to address all the hate mail.
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I'm pretty far right, and Fox News has started to annoy even me. Their "Fox News Alerts" are so irritating. They repeat the same news over and over as bad as CNN Headline News does. And yeah, some of their stories are getting kind of ridiculous. I have got to give CNN HN credit for hiring Glenn Beck, though! They had to do this to attract more viewers. He really brings some stories to light that no other network would dare broadcast. Fox News better pull their heads out of their rears or they'll be going the way of the XFL.
            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

rgr that monger. I went from watching Bill O-so-full of himself, to Glenn Beck and have never changed back. Fox News isn't going to be going off the air anytime soon. To many uneducated "republican" voters/viewers rely on the slander and information on who they need to vote for.
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

CNN got Glenn Beck? Props to them then, I've been listening to him on the radio for awhile now and he's pretty good.

I haven't seen enough of Fox recently to know if the quality has gone down, so I'll have to take your word for it. Hopefully this will be a wakeup call for them to improve their quality, because I still think they have a role to play in our media.

Comment

Yellow journalism sells. Network owners follow the money. Why would anyone looking for reliable information use a mass market "news" outlet as a major source?
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                    ...or they'll be going the way of the XFL.
                    The what?

I've despised fox news just by virtue of them having that windbag Bill O'reilly on their network so i can't really talk about their coverage, having never seriously watched for more than 2 minutes at a time. I've always been a CNN person. I can say i heard somebody on there pronounce Beyonce as "Bouncy" on there once in passing. Made me lol.

---

Comment

Get your news on the Internet. It can't be any worse. (I rely on TG'ers to inform me of important events in the world. TG'ers come from all ideologies, so even though every report is biased, I have some feel for the bias, and among all of you I get balance.)
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                        I was a fox news lover then they started reporting stories about obama going to a muslim school in asia minor or something. And they completely blew it out of the water and made him sound like a terrorist.

Then they started reporting about companies in Texas that accepted the peso from Mexicans that would cross the boarder, again making this into a national crisis. So what?!

They really started to get racist and anti democratic, almost to a point where it wasnt news just their bias thoughts. And i agree CNN is doing a great job, even giving those republicans some time.
                        Yeah Go CNN, love there graphics and coverage.. but the TIMER TO ARMAGEDDON thing is kinda funny every event...

Comment

IMO, Glenn Beck is an embarrassment. Not because of his views, but because he is so blatantly and unapologetically ignorant on so many issues that he claims to have some expertise on. It's like he went to every freshmen-level course in the humanities school and then went directly into radio.
                          In game handle: Steel Scion
                          sigpic

Comment

Look at the titles of this story on each website.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,328006,00.html

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

Same story on the inside, different headline. Is this an example of Fox extremism and CNN neutrality or vice versa? Or is better to see each appeals to their target audience.
                            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by VegaBond View Post
                              Yeah Go CNN, love there graphics and coverage.. but the TIMER TO ARMAGEDDON thing is kinda funny every event...
                              The Timer to Armageddon is actually a private orginzation Think Tank, CNN just happened to latch onto it. There was big news that the Think Tank had moved the minutes had back a few minutes cause of some major world event, that they felt lessened the chance of Armageddon.

http://www.thebulletin.org/minutes-to-midnight/

This is the group that started it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse