Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zippo vs. Bic

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^>
    I don't smoke anymore, but I hated the taste Zippos left on the first few puffs.

Excactly, I always thought that was just me, its like a sweet-nasty taste it gives IMO. As far as style, I love zippos, and still think they rock, my brother had a Calibri and it broke/ stopped working really fast, and he bought one for my mom and it did not work at all. I like Bic's for everyday use, and damn for like 99cents they last for about 3 months. Zippos last a lifetime, but you have to maintain them.

Comment

I don't like either. Lighters are expensive and finicky. I prefer strike anywhere matches. Get 320 for 68 cents. I just grab a handful every day and put them in a small waterproof pack that has a metal striker. Small, light weight, works pretty much anywhere, in any condition.

Comment

Blah matches are cool for the nostalgic sense, but zippo's have the style (I myself have one). I don't smoke, never have and never will, but I am a "good" pyro. (Bic's come in handy when you need a longer flame, with a zippo I'm afraid of using the wick faster by keeping it lit.)
        Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per
          (Bic's come in handy when you need a longer flame, with a zippo I'm afraid of using the wick faster by keeping it lit.)
          Keep it lit all you want. You're burning the fuel, not the wick. Your wick is only going to burn when you run low on fuel, but it won't burn much. Besides, just put a new wick in when that one burns too much (3 years later...). Wicks are less than a dollar, so it's no biggie... I keep a handful of flints and a spare wick in the fuel reservoir of my Zippo, just in case.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
            Keep it lit all you want. You're burning the fuel, not the wick. Your wick is only going to burn when you run low on fuel, but it won't burn much. Besides, just put a new wick in when that one burns too much (3 years later...). Wicks are less than a dollar, so it's no biggie... I keep a handful of flints and a spare wick in the fuel reservoir of my Zippo, just in case.
            Oh, well in that case there's no need for bic's imo... (JK they make for the best firework lighters "Flame stay's still")
            Oyee

Comment

(During my smoking days.)

Going to the bar? Zippo with skull and crooss. Cool.
              General lighter needs? Bic. Plus they are a little more child proof.
              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X