The "Yes We Can" video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Yes We Can" video

I dont know if you guys have seen this video or not, but it was literally done in 2 days. The lyrics, the layout, the participants... in 2 days.
    All in response to 1 speech that touched an undecided voter. (that voter being Will.i.am from the Black-eyed-peas)

Regardless of who wins this primary and gen. election. This to me is what America is about. Empowering and inspiring its citizens. IMO, we havent had a leader do this in 40 yrs.

This vid. gave me chills... politics or not

http://www.dipdive.com/

Re: The "Yes We Can" video

Originally posted by Gambit7 View Post
    This vid. gave me chills...
    That's the power of propaganda. Politics or not.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Re: The &quot;Yes We Can&quot; video

Yeah that's really a creative marketing ploy used by the Obama campaign and now entertainers are helping spread the message. I hate the Black Eyed Peas but I'm still voting for him today.

Comment

I think this video makes a better case for Obama:

http://lessig.org/blog/2008/02/20_mi...hy_i_am_4.html
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post
          Yeah that's really a creative marketing ploy used by the Obama campaign and now entertainers are helping spread the message. I hate the Black Eyed Peas but I'm still voting for him today.
          That's the thing. This had NOTHING to do directly with the Obama campaign. BEP wasnt a part of the Obama camp at all, until Will.I.am saw what happened at the NH primary and decided to do something about it. He (and his friends) put the whole thing together in 2 days. Only since today has it really become a part of the campaign. I only got the email about the vid. this morning through the Obama mass email list. It's just been an indy video making waves across the net until then (about a week I think). NOW, it's a direct tool used by Obama - albeit, not forcefully enough IMO.

It's a shame they couldnt air it on national TV (the superbowl even). Honestly, the vid. is still too underground to make a difference on Super Tuesday. But, since most people believe the dem. primary wont even be close to being decided Tuesday, you can be sure this video will be used later on.

If this was a prefab campaign vid. I never would've posted this thread, honestly.

Comment

Pure propoganda. I couldn't watch the whole thing nor do I know what "we can" do, but I did enjoy the hot chicks.

Comment

That's the thing. This had NOTHING to do directly with the Obama campaign. [...] If this was a prefab campaign vid. I never would've posted this thread, honestly.
              I don't doubt that it wasn't paid for and planned by the Obama campaign. However, its purpose is not dependent on its source or the motivations of its creators.

Besides, calling it for what it is shouldn't upset you. Not all propaganda is bad or subversive, it just acquires that connotation in pop culture because of how past propaganda is viewed by this (and future) generations. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propoganda

Don't feel bad for posting that vid it here. It's not bad. I've seen cheesier (*cough*Paulbots*cough*), and I even passed it along in an email forward. So, thanks for posting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
                I don't doubt that it wasn't paid for and planned by the Obama campaign. However, its purpose is not dependent on its source or the motivations of its creators.

Besides, calling it for what it is shouldn't upset you. Not all propaganda is bad or subversive, it just acquires that connotation in pop culture because of how past propaganda is viewed by this (and future) generations. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propoganda

Don't feel bad for posting that vid it here. It's not bad. I've seen cheesier (*cough*Paulbots*cough*), and I even passed it along in an email forward. So, thanks for posting it.
                I agree with you. It was kinda cheesy. But, understandably so given the timeframe. Also, isnt politics inherently "cheesy?" You aint lyin when you say you've seen cheesier. Compared to most campaign vids though, this one is teh kool.

Comment

Well, since this is a thread for Obama stuff; I found this dissection of his stump speeches and method of politicking compelling. Very well put.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
                    Well, since this is a thread for Obama stuff; I found this dissection of his stump speeches and method of politicking compelling. Very well put.
                    Nice article. I wished the writer touched on the fact that Obama has actually HAD to tone the intellect down though. Unfortunately, for us educated folk... we yearn to hear Obama's intellect, which looks to overshadow most of his fellow candidates. Personally, I think at this stage in the campaign his handlers need to cut him loose. He's gained the notoriety through preaching, now he needs to show us his mind. Hillary should do the same.

I gotta admit though, I'm not religious at all... but a good preacher is quite a powerful voice (they can just about make anyone believe anything). He's obviously got that skill, and it appeals to a subculture that's usually pretty conservative.

He's capable of "off-the-cuff" intellectual preaching, but he loses much of America in doing-so (because we're basically the dumbest developed country in the world). It's another aspect of America that's glaringly depressing. We're too stupid to even understand the people we want to elect to represent us, so they in turn must act stupid to get our vote. Dumb. (literally)

The article quite clearly says he "shrinks" in debates (and that's right). But that's due to the above point. Hillary is just better at talking "up" to people because she's a practiced politician. That internal conflict he has needs to resolve itself. Put Hill vs. Barrack 1v1 no holds barred intellectual contest and Barrack eats her alive though... but it probably wont win him votes in most states.

Comment

So you're saying that the US is populated mostly by morons, and the politician who best emulates them in ignorance is most likely to win. Sure makes sense to me. Sadly.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

because we're basically the dumbest developed country in the world
                        Huh?

Thanks for calling my country dumb....

As for the video, it was well done, but still propaganda regardless of anything.
                        |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

While I think the US has a lot of dumb people, I wouldn't say it's the dumbest in the developed world. I'd need more data to make that assertion.

Still, I have no problem with my country being called dumb. My state (California) is probably a big contributor to that. My local collection of towns probably drives the average down even harder.
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I dont know if you guys have seen this video or not, but it was literally done in 2 days. The lyrics, the layout, the participants... in 2 days.
                            All in response to 1 speech that touched an undecided voter. (that voter being Will.i.am from the Black-eyed-peas)

Regardless of who wins this primary and gen. election. This to me is what America is about. Empowering and inspiring its citizens. IMO, we havent had a leader do this in 40 yrs.

This vid. gave me chills... politics or not

http://www.dipdive.com/

WOW Gambit...I just found this...very moving, very inspiring. I'll be spamming it everywhere!
                            “Waiting to be awakened by some unexpected thunderous roar, never dying...the sleeping giant lives and will sleep no more”. - John Seabrook

Comment

Obama is not for "empowering" citzens unfortuanately ;)
                              |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X