Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chelsea pimped out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080208/.../msnbc_clinton

Anyone think that this is way out of proportion? Maybe the word isn't the best, but it seems to me that Chelsea has effectively been pimped out. Just like every politician's family is when they make calls, etc for the candidate.

"I'm not going to come to your debate if you don't do x" wha wha friggin wha. Reminds me of when they didn't want that restaurant guy to show the pic she posed for.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Re: Chelsea pimped out.

It could be all political maneuvering. With the Clinton's I wouldn't doubt it.

But really, if it was my daughter they said that about I would be pretty angry. Especially considering the history of comments made about Chelsea.

I'll give Clinton the benefit of the doubt. And the reporter should not have said what he did.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

so who would be the pimp Bill or Hilary? It may have been out of line but sometimes the truth hurts.
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
        so who would be the pimp Bill or Hilary? It may have been out of line but sometimes the truth hurts.
        True.

Then I would have to agree with Skylark and say it is a rare thing when a politician doesn't pimp out their family.

Now that I think of it those family photo ops always creeped me out. They just seemed so fake and just ewwww. The only one I liked is where the kid was running around out of control.

Edit

And to answer your question, Hillary. She has always been the pimp daddy.
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
          True.

Then I would have to agree with Skylark and say it is a rare thing when a politician doesn't pimp out their family.

Now that I think of it those family photo ops always creeped me out. They just seemed so fake and just ewwww. The only one I liked is where the kid was running around out of control.

so obama then.....
          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
            so obama then.....
            Noooo. His wife is everywhere. Do they have kids?

Comment

he has 2 daughters i think
              -Vulcan

Comment

Well then I will have to put that on the plus column for now.

(Positive for Obama hasn't used his kids that I know of...yet.)

But back to the Chelsea thing. She is now 27 years old. I think she is big enough to make her own decisions.

Comment

Who knows because of this they might go over to fox and do the debate there......HAH!!!
                  -Vulcan

Comment

of course theyre pimping her out. she was asked for an interview by a six year old (this was on CNN some time back) and she turned the poor little girl down because she "cant talk to the press". So a six year old, who's toughest question would probably be "would you like it if your mommy was president" is now considered "the press"? Thats such crap.

Comment

politicians pimp out anyone that can.... including family

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I just love how the guy who made the comments is now trying to profusely apologize, as is MSNBC. It's great.

I love seeing people fall all over themselves when they screw up.
                        ---------------
                        Doc-in-training

Comment

This is really not a big deal. It's slang.

Comment

Chelsea jokes have a long pedigree.
                            "Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno.”

– Sen. John McCain, speaking to a Republican dinner, June 1998.
                            He apologized for that eventually.
                            In game handle: Steel Scion
                            sigpic

Comment

What's appalling is the way MSNBC is caving over this. There's no credibility whatsoever in such media. "We'll report whatever the leading candidate wants us to report, and suppress the uncomfortable truths stated by the longshot candidates as the words of tin foil hat wearers."
                              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X