Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queen Ifrica - Daddy don't touch me there

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NYrXb_KJmEU&feature=related[/media]

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Re: Queen Ifrica - Daddy don't touch me there

Glad someone is saying something. There are days that I literally feel ill from dealing with all the rapists and molesters in Dallas. And I don't think Dallas is that extraordinary in this area. Check YOUR neighborhood: http://www.familywatchdog.us/
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

A few years back I took a job for Quality Assurance/Inspection. They had me training under a guy who, everyone was telling me, was a convicted pedophile. At first I just figured maybe it was just shop talk...but then I checked him out on the convicted sex offender list...sure enough, there he was. I didn't make a big deal at first, even though I do have a daughter, I like to believe people can change and are given the benefit of the doubt regardless of their past. And then one time, one of the guys on the line brought it up and in response he said, "Look, it wasn't my fault...she tripped reaching for a Power Ranger." And then he laughed and kept this smug look on his face. I about lost it right there. For a moment I saw red, but instead of losing my job over this jerkwad, I told my supervisor that I couldn't work this guy and if they wanted to keep me around they needed to get him off my shift. Next day he was gone.

I can't stand guys like that. I don't know why they have such a hard time keeping psychos like him in prison where they belong. I've had friends do more time over posession of marijuana than this guy did for pedophilia.
      | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
        I like to believe people can change and are given the benefit of the doubt regardless of their past.
        This is not true of pedophiles. I believe their recidivism rate is higher than for any other criminals.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure you're right. My idealism in relation to guys like that disappeared in a moment after hearing the words come out of that dude's mouth.
          | | |

Comment

Nasty

Comment

It may sound harsh but castration may just be the key here - and I'm serious. Just like a weapon, if you can't aim and shoot in the right direction then it should be taken away.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by INSUNABULA View Post
                It may sound harsh but castration may just be the key here - and I'm serious. Just like a weapon, if you can't aim and shoot in the right direction then it should be taken away.
                It doesn't always work. :P
                ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by INSUNABULA View Post
                  Agreed!
                  | | |

Comment

funny story, not really cause i just about blew chunks all over the screen.

Two days ago i was driving home and seen a person along the road hitch hiking. The cops where talking to him, so i thought no big deal. I went and got gas, and he was still there looking for a ride just 5 miles down the road. So i figured, I'm 6'1 250lbs farm boy, I was way bigger then him. So i picked him up drove him to his destination even offered him a job working at my parents greenhouse.

I'm looking over that watchdog site and guess who is on that site for a sexual assault and rape charge......the guy i picked up.

Yep going to be sick.
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                      So i picked him up drove him to his destination even offered him a job..
                      Thats waaaaaaay too much information.

Comment

In Glenn Beck's An Inconvient Book, one of his chapters talks about it... He has a funny litttle cartoon/instruction manual

Let's see if I can remember it..

Something about tossing them in the furnace, pushing the button and then enjoying an ice cream cone... (I'd look it up to get it exactly right, but it is in the car, it's cold outside and I'm a wuss)
                        "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                        Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                        " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Y'all ever heard of Bayes' theorem? Or the false positive paradox?

Let's say that the justice system is 99% accurate. That's a stretch - it's probably actually less than that, but let's say 99% for the sake of argument. Then let's say that the prevalence of actual child molesters in the general population is .5%. That is one out of every 200 people has recently or is currently sexually abusing a child. Again, I'd say that's probably a slightly high estimate, but it's pretty difficult to say what the actual number is with any confidence. But let's just use the .5% figure for the sake of argument.

So, then, what is the likelihood that someone has actually committed child sexual abuse given that they have been convicted of it in a court of law? 33.2%

The people listed as child molesters are statistically more likely to be innocent than they are to be guilty - and again, that's assuming only a 1% false conviction rate. And I'll bet some salt that the false conviction rate is quite a bit higher than 1% - especially for emotionally repugnant crimes such as child sexual abuse.
                          A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
                            Y'all ever heard of Bayes' theorem? Or the false positive paradox?

Let's say that the justice system is 99% accurate. That's a stretch - it's probably actually less than that, but let's say 99% for the sake of argument. Then let's say that the prevalence of actual child molesters in the general population is .5%. That is one out of every 200 people has recently or is currently sexually abusing a child. Again, I'd say that's probably a slightly high estimate, but it's pretty difficult to say what the actual number is with any confidence. But let's just use the .5% figure for the sake of argument.

So, then, what is the likelihood that someone has actually committed child sexual abuse given that they have been convicted of it in a court of law? 33.2%

The people listed as child molesters are statistically more likely to be innocent than they are to be guilty - and again, that's assuming only a 1% false conviction rate. And I'll bet some salt that the false conviction rate is quite a bit higher than 1% - especially for emotionally repugnant crimes such as child sexual abuse.
                            Wow, talk about a misuse of Bayesian inference. Reread and retry.

I understand what you're trying to infer here, but your example is better served for medical testing than for the prosecutors fallacy.
                            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

My example is not the prosecutors' fallacy. The prosecutors' fallacy typically relates to the (un)reliability of things like DNA tests and other sorts of forensic testing in certain situations.

My example is most definitely not a misuse of Bayes' theorem. It is a simplification, to be sure. But my simplifications go against my point. A more nuanced and complex look at Bayes' theorems' impact on things such as "the likelihood of guilt given a conviction" would likely make convictions appear even more unreliable.
                              A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X