Election 2008 sub-forum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election 2008 sub-forum?

Rincewind came up with the bright idea of creating a sub-forum here in the Sandbox with a few specific threads stickied in it to keep things a bit more organized. (Hehe... See how I laid it all on you, Rince?)

What do you guys think? Would you like to see a little bit more organization in that area? Would you rather have one big Senator Clinton thread, or half a dozen that come and go as the headlines hit?
    Yes, the Sandbox could use a little bit of organization.
    44.74%
    No, I like the anarchy and/or seeing topics come and go.
    42.11%
    I don't care either way.
    13.16%
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Election 2008 sub-forum?

yes
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

si...

Comment

Leave my sandbox alone, or I'll pick up my shovel and pail and go home...:icon26:

It doesn't matter to me..but the sandbox is just that a sandbox to mold anyway we choose.
        "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

I'm generally averse to adding subdirectories that aren't really needed. Unless election threads are pushing other topics off the board's front page, I wouldn't add it.

Comment

with something like those forums we could then get specific threads for each candidate. I like the idea and it would help organize things a little.
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
              with something like those forums we could then get specific threads for each candidate. I like the idea and it would help organize things a little.
              Aye! That is exactly what I was thinking.
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

It seems kind of unnecessary to me. At any given time, perhaps 3 of the top 10 threads are directly related to the election, with the rest being on the same random topics they always are. A subforum specifically for the election wouldn't get enough activity to be worth the effort.

I'll go with MagnaCentipede and say that if election-threads get numerous enough to start pushing other topics off the front page, then we should look into a subforum. But at the moment, I'm voting against it.

Comment

Hmmm, right now, it's 7 for, 7 against and 2 that don't care. That's about as close as the Dem primary race...
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

OMG, it is going to be decided by the TG Supreme Court! God help us all.

Comment

I think we already have enough forums for some of us to read :3

I vote nay
                      Skud

Comment

I prefer to recycle old threads about a candidate, rather than start a new thread about every little scandal. Then I just look for the one thread that has all news about a given candidate when I need to remember something said months ago. (I have my preferences set to 40 posts per page and would push it higher if the forum offered the option.)
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                          I think we already have enough forums for some of us to read :3

I vote nay
                          This wouldn't increase anything. It would simply organize the election threads into one subforum within the Sandbox. Like using a folder/directory on your PC to keep things organized.
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I think given the tendency to start new threads here rather than piggyback on old ones, we'll see a lot of election-related threads this season. Better to group them to make it easier to identify the non-election threads.

Grouping for me is primarily of value in finding old threads I want to reference in a new post. When I'm just reading new stuff, I use the New Posts link on the home page, and then Control-Click each thread of interest to open it in a new browser tab in the background, so that I end up with a browser full of tabs to cycle through.
                            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I like the big mess of nonesense the sandbox provides, keep it the way it is!
                              |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X