Florida Panther's Zednik severs carotid artery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Panther's Zednik severs carotid artery

If anyone is a hockey fan, you have undoubtedly heard about the freak accident to Richard Zednik on Sunday. Best wishes to a fast recovery!

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=353025

Video Clip of accident --GRAPHIC/NSFW--

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=uhuC1gIuy2M[/media]
    -F-

Re: Florida Panther's Zednik severs carotid artery

Every hockey skate is a potential knife, and it's a full contact sport where people get laid out. Thankfully it doesn't happen often and I hope he fully recovers.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Jebus!
      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Wow
        |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Brought back ugly reminders of Clint Malarchuk. I heard he is doing ok.
          "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Definitely scary stuff!

Back in high school during freshman year (Holy crap that was 21 years ago!) I was at one of our school's Friday Night hockey games. During the second period one of the players from our school was skating towards the bench for a line change. He got tripped up and went down right in front of the bench. One of his teammates was coming over the boards from the bench for the line change but didn't see him and his skate slid past the neckguard and made a two-inch long cut on his neck as he was coming down. It luckily missed anything vital but scary nonetheless. He has a hell of a scar!

After that at the high school level they wouldn't allow line changes over the boards, only through the door.
            LoyalGuard

Comment

Wow, I have never seen that much blood come out of a wound that fast. Thank goodness he reacted quickly to get to the bench. I would think that an injury like that could go from bad to worse in less then a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Long Bow View Post
                Wow, I have never seen that much blood come out of a wound that fast. Thank goodness he reacted quickly to get to the bench. I would think that an injury like that could go from bad to worse in less then a minute.
                Gone in 60 Seconds
                ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I've played hockey all my life. Make no mistake...hockey skates sharpened for seasoned skaters are at a completely different level than the skates you rent just for fun. I've had a skate cut me through a jersey and 1/3" thick foam padding.

PS: There are also *******s out there who sharpen the tops of their sticks...I've seen two or three ugly injuries in competition play thanks to this little trick. I even have a scar on my torsoe from such an occasion.
                  Shhhh I'm being made

Comment

Demonstrating that hockey is just cold weather rugby. The team that can walk off the field unassisted wins. ;)
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X