official old... lol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• official old... lol

Well today I learned that I was officially old at 42...

One of my strong points over the 20 plus years in the military and now law enforcement, is (was) my shooting ability, always been one of the "top guns" in my company and/or department... but I am ashame to report that today, for the first time in my life I failed to qualify with my assault rifle on my the first attempt (I did qualify on the second), but it was an extreme embarrassment for me...

I noticed over the last year or so my vision has gotten bad, fine print was becoming un-readable, stuff like that... I could tell when looking at my sight picture today that it was a little blurry-ier then ever before...

oh well... guess it will only get worst from here in. lol

(just venting my disappointment in myself, lol.)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: official old... lol

Hey Magnum, happy birthday (hehe, even if it isn't :) ). Don't get down on yourself. Plenty of us young 'uns are blind without the help of age.

Also, I'm sure you'd be able to use your assault rifle without ANY problems if the occasion called for it.

I'm thinking about looking into LASIK for my eyes...
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Your only as old as you wish to feel! my father is 62 years old and still in the miltary he refuses to leave until they "kick me out" he says. He does still qulify expert but i think thats because he doesnt watch tv or use a computer much...actually he doesnt use one at all except when he is forced to when taking a class lol...

[unit][support]
      The Greatest Risk In Life Is Not Taking One.
      I am proud to serve my Country!
      United States Army
      I'ma BAD Mutha

:icon40:I am proud to have been an IRRegular!:icon40:
      I am Proud To Have Served With The 3rd Special Forces Detachment!
      "Lets spam smoke grenades and slowly kill them with cancer!" -Mixa

Comment

Hey man, 20 years of proud service to both your country and community is 20 years more than everyone else :)
        Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
          I noticed over the last year or so my vision has gotten bad, fine print was becoming un-readable, stuff like that... I could tell when looking at my sight picture today that it was a little blurry-ier then ever before...

oh well... guess it will only get worst from here in. lol

(just venting my disappointment in myself, lol.)
          Have you considered using a red-dot sight? I wouldn't recommend them to someone that isn't already proficient with iron sights (they really can be a crutch), but, boy, they sure are nifty.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Get some glasses and stop whinning! lol, just remember us young guys always look to more experienced old guys to show us the way.

Comment

Yeah Magnum I wouldn't beat yourself up. I have had the Lasik proceedure done and you will be good to go in no and back on the range qualifying with that deadly first shot again
              sigpic

Comment

ya... I was just venting/sharing todays events...

and it's funny you mention red dots... I jokingly pick on all my fellow officers who use red dot sights or ACOG's sights... my saying "real men use iron sights"... lol

but thats just what I may have to do, a red dot or glasses, lol.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Who do you think optics? It was old people like us!
                  "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                    but thats just what I may have to do, a red dot or glasses, lol.
                    Yeah, that or stop jerking off so much.

/me braces for impact.
                    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Red dot is cheating! BAN HIM!
                      :D

And no, 42 is NOT old. It's middle-aged. Go start your crisis and buy a Ferrari now.

Comment

Or Corvette then I can go visit you while wearing this shirt:

[unit][support]
                        The Greatest Risk In Life Is Not Taking One.
                        I am proud to serve my Country!
                        United States Army
                        I'ma BAD Mutha

:icon40:I am proud to have been an IRRegular!:icon40:
                        I am Proud To Have Served With The 3rd Special Forces Detachment!
                        "Lets spam smoke grenades and slowly kill them with cancer!" -Mixa

Comment

Accuracy is overrated anyways. Spray n' Pray......for the record, this is only ok when I am NOT visitng Naples. However, I do enjoy a good news story......

"In Naples FL yesterday, aging law inforcement officer mistakenly opened fire on a group of lawn gnomes and seven school children. After burning an entire clip, he realized that they were not villanous armed robbers trying to ransack the neighborhood...........No injuries or property damage was reported" :D
                          Shhhh I'm being made

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                            Red dot is cheating! BAN HIM!
                            :D

And no, 42 is NOT old. It's middle-aged. Go start your crisis and buy a Ferrari now.

42 isn't old.."look to your left ...ahem" or at least that's what I thought until last week...New engineer started at the company last week. A woman in her mid twenties...a hottie, right. We had lunch together...shooting the breeze..discussing politics sports and the company culture..then she said...how old are you (meaning me...) oh...42...I said....42!! she said...wow, my dad is only 48....that's freaky, she said...I left shortly after, making up some lame excuse. Did not tell my wife that story.
                            sigpic
                            |TG-1st|Grunt
                            ARMA Admin (retired)
                            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

42 is the answer to life, the universe, and, well, everything. ;)
                              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X