Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valentine's Day - Best day to met single women!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine's Day - Best day to met single women!

This man is my mentor. I'll be out capitalizing.

http://theguide.latimes.com/general/...omance-article
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Valentine's Day - Best day to met single women!

In the words of Ebenezer Scrooge, BAH HUMBUG!

Comment

This guy looks really bitter..."The best way to avoid Valentines Day is to not be in a relationship". Ok. Don't think he's getting married any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
        This guy looks really bitter..."The best way to avoid Valentines Day is to not be in a relationship". Ok. Don't think he's getting married any time soon.
        He's been married four times - seriously. He's the self-described expert on men not getting married.
        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

If you've been married four times, the problem lies with YOU, not the people you were married to.
          The guy is a womanizing chauvinist. Most people would call him a d-bag. I'd have to agree.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
            He's been married four times - seriously. He's the self-described expert.
            He may be the expert at getting married (and then unmarried) but he is no expert at staying married.

Just a lazy slob that has no ability/will to do the hard stuff. Probably has the maturity level of a 6 year old mommas boy.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I'm not the host :) I just listen to his show and happen to agree with some of his points on relationships.

Judge for yourself:

http://www.blowmeuptom.com/
              |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
              - I'm on the local news!

Comment

What exactly do you agree with though? The advice the guy gave is to prey on women who are down on themselves, be intentionally non-committal, be a cheapskate, and seek out nothing other than getting laid. If thats how the kind of advice you'd flock to, then more power to you, but look forward to never having a fulfilling relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                  Don't think he's getting married any time soon.
                  And this is a bad thing, because....? ;)

"Honey, stop playing that stupid game! I've got things for you to do!"
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Hey, if you want to stay single the rest of your life, more power to you. Personally though I'm rather interested in this whole "Love" concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                      What exactly do you agree with though? The advice the guy gave is to prey on women who are down on themselves, be intentionally non-committal, be a cheapskate, and seek out nothing other than getting laid. If thats how the kind of advice you'd flock to, then more power to you, but look forward to never having a fulfilling relationship.
                      I'd generally agree with most of your (his) points: I'm interested in getting laid. I don't need to be married or in a committed relationship to lead a fulfilling life.

To paraphrase, the main thrust of the show: Why get married? Generally speaking, it's of little benefit to a man. There is a benefit of marriage to a women and child but not for a man. Once your married the woman can literally take half of whatever you own. She can take the kids, house, or god forbid your PC. Even having a signed prenuptial before you get married is no guarantee of not getting taken for half of everything you've worked for. The divorce rate in this country is hovering around 50%. Would you get in a car if you had a 50% chance of crashing? How about flying? No you wouldn't but many people do. Get married, which is not recommended at all, is even worse of an idea if your under 30. That is the time in your life when you should be out getting laid, getting an education and furthering your career. Marriage is by and large an impediment to acheiving those goals.

I could paraphrase his ideas on having a move in girlfriend, or a girlfriend if your under 25 but you can guess what that might be :)
                      |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                      - I'm on the local news!

Comment

To paraphrase, the main thrust of the show: Why get married? Generally speaking, it's of little benefit to a man. There is a benefit of marriage to a women and children but not for a man.
                        Whaaa?????? I was single for 35 years. Yea it was fun and had some good times, but it got really old.

Married life is, on the whole, absolutely great! Yea, she ticks me off every once in a while (and I tick her off often) but so? My roommates did the same.

Plus now I eat much better, sleep much better, don't smoke or chew any longer and overall just feel better. My amount of drinking has decreased and that is really good for me.

Stress levels have gone down immensely since my single days.

I think I benefit more than my wife does, actually.

I will tell you there is nothing better than walking in the door after a long day to see yours kids smile and say "hi daddy". Then take a nice shower and watch some TV and relax without worrying about some crazy ex calling up or where your next piece of tail is going to come from.

If you are young then I can understand some hesitation. I wouldn't recommend marriage to anybody under the age of about 27. But marriage is great once you mature a bit and quite being a slave to your boy hormones.
                        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                          Whaaa?????? I was single for 35 years. Yea it was fun and had some good times, but it got really old.

Married life is, on the whole, absolutely great! Yea, she ticks me off every once in a while (and I tick her off often) but so? My roommates did the same.

Plus now I eat much better, sleep much better, don't smoke or chew any longer and overall just feel better. My amount of drinking has decreased and that is really good for me.

Stress levels have gone down immensely since my single days.

I think I benefit more than my wife does, actually.

I will tell you there is nothing better than walking in the door after a long day to see yours kids smile and say "hi daddy". Then take a nice shower and watch some TV and relax without worrying about some crazy ex calling up or where your next piece of tail is going to come from.

If you are young then I can understand some hesitation. I wouldn't recommend marriage to anybody under the age of about 27. But marriage is great once you mature a bit and quite being a slave to your boy hormones.
                          To paraphrase the show: We all know the story of the man who falls off a ten story building and lives. Generally speaking, most marriages are not like yours.
                          |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                          - I'm on the local news!

Comment

To paraphrase the show: We all know the story of the man who falls off a ten story building and lives. Generally speaking, most marriages are not like yours.
                            Well not if you search out women with low self esteam just to get some!

Comment

Exactly!

Fatkid, you need some new listening material for romance advice. Try upgrading from "blow-me-up Tom" to Dr. Laura. ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X