lunar eclipse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lunar eclipse

Right now theres a lunar eclipse started around 10:51 Eastern.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: lunar eclipse

It is supposed to be a good one. The moon is to turn red and stars will become visible around it.

But it is cloudy here. Hopefully somebody will take some good pictures/video.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

It's cloudy here too, could not see it. :(

Comment

Don't have any fancy equipment but I got a pretty decent shot

Comment

Ah, completely forgot, damn classes! I remember the one back in '04 though, it was very good.

Comment

Had an amazing view here in Maine - extremely clear skies, about 14 degrees without a wind. I did watch most of it from inside - more comfortable!

Comment

My new camera showed up two days ago, just in time. For clouds.

Comment

Was cloudy in England, also it was 3:30 ish in the morning so I was asleep.
                |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Awwww! I forgot about it! I was playing an instance in WoW :(
                  Thanks for posting that beautiful picture, though! I really do appreciate it.
                  "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I saw it here as well. However it was just a shadow not redish like the picture. Though I only checked in on it every once and a while, not exactly a fast paced spectator event (just like baseball flamage commence)

Comment

Nice shot, Satertek. What were you using? The image is remarkably stable and blur-free for not being "fancy equipment".
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

It was almost 40% in the umbra by the time it came over the horizon here out West--looked huge, and the kids still outside (nice spring weather) all started freaking out and goin nuts. I was having our first barbecue of the year (WOOT!!!) and my wife and older son stayed out on the porch until the steak was cold and the moon had entered totality.
                        It was a nice rich peach color during totality, and the penumbra as the shadow waned was a nice warm copper, not muddy or dark grey.

I like it at about 75-80 % (like in Satertek's nice shot) when you can see the white unshadowed edge, the penumbra, and then the dark reddish purple of the moon in the umbral shadow.

We wat6ched the one last Summer, and it was nice too, but since it was 2 AM, we didn't watch much, so it seemed boring to the kids. Watching it beginning to end was much better, and it was done before bedtime! BONUS!
                        sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                          Nice shot, Satertek. What were you using? The image is remarkably stable and blur-free for not being "fancy equipment".
                          Just your average consumer point and shoot.

Model : Canon PowerShot A610
                          ExposureTime : 1/3 Sec
                          ApertureValue : F4.1
                          CCD Sensitivity : ISO400

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                            Had an amazing view here in Maine - extremely clear skies, about 14 degrees without a wind. I did watch most of it from inside - more comfortable!
                            Sounds Ideal...I stepped outside for 5 minutes at a time, 3-4 times during the event. We had patchy skies but was visible for the most part.
                            sigpic
                            |TG-1st|Grunt
                            ARMA Admin (retired)
                            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement