Bringing back Memories...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing back Memories...

I don't know about you guys, but back in the day when Sega Genesis was the thing you had to have, I was the king. The day when the Box Art looked nothing like the game, but it made it seem cool, and the Retro music that sounded corny, but you can still remember to this day, even catching yourself humming the one from your favorite game time to time. Well, those days are back thanks to Free-Ware. Free-Ware are games that have been abandoned by their companies and are 100% Legal to download and play on your PC.

Link: http://www.segabandonware.com/a.html

Just click the first letter of the Sega Genesis game you are looking for and download it, after you download it, you just gotta click on Install and boom, there you go. Its all ready to play, and you don't need any emulators to play it.

All of these games are from the Sega Genesis and all look great. The best games I think are the Strike Series (Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, Urban Strike). What's you're favorite game for the Sega Genesis or fondest memory?

Re: Bringing back Memories...

I know Roms have been around for ages, but if this is truly legit, then this is very amazing. Thanks for posting this! I have some major retro gaming to do now.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Yea, it's real :D

Comment

I still have my genesis (and master system, too!) but this has just totally made my day. Thanks.
        ---
        Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Well, the legality of some of them are questionable. Until the copyright holder officially realeses them into the public domain (or some other legal act) there is some grey areas.

Take Aladdin, for example. I doubt this one is free. Diseny isn't known for thier love of the public domain.

All abanonware really is is that the original makers probably are not going to pursue any action.

All that said I have tons of this stuff. For old DOS games I go here.

Edit:

What I like about this site is he removes games that the owners have asked to be removed.
          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

You know what old game I'd like to find a copy of?

Kickle Cubicle. I have no clue where that name came from, but then who knows how they named half the games from that day and age? This was a really awesome puzzle semi-action game for NES. The first 40 or so levels had reasonably simple puzzles interspersed with more action-oriented boss fights. Then after the last boss it moved on to a series of really damn hard bonus puzzles -- I never found out exactly how many there were, because the farthest I got was about #16.

Comment

OMG!...Star Control.

Sarcoma
              Sarcoma.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                You know what old game I'd like to find a copy of?

Kickle Cubicle. I have no clue where that name came from, but then who knows how they named half the games from that day and age? This was a really awesome puzzle semi-action game for NES. The first 40 or so levels had reasonably simple puzzles interspersed with more action-oriented boss fights. Then after the last boss it moved on to a series of really damn hard bonus puzzles -- I never found out exactly how many there were, because the farthest I got was about #16.
                Alright, but I can only grant you this one wish... BOOM!!!

Link: http://www.dotnes.com/kickle-cubicle.html

Comment

Is there a period of time that must pass for software to become freeware? Or a declaration from the owner of the rights?
                  "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                  -- Red Forman

Comment

Originally posted by RedForman View Post
                    Is there a period of time that must pass for software to become freeware? Or a declaration from the owner of the rights?
                    The latter

Comment

Originally posted by FatCobra View Post
                      Alright, but I can only grant you this one wish... BOOM!!!

Link: http://www.dotnes.com/kickle-cubicle.html
                      Sweet, thanks. I just wasted a whole evening getting back to bonus round 25. I guess I got a little farther than I remembered, since I havent quite reached the level I got stuck on yet. :row__523:

Comment

As always, emulation is boss.
                        sigpic

Formerly of the fabled 3rd Special Forces Detachment

"On that day half a century ago, our species was pushed to the crumbling edge of extinction. And as we teetered on that precipice, staring down into the abyss, a hand reached out, pulled us back from the brink, and gave us hope... the hand of a Hero."

Comment

Nice links guys - can anyone tell me if there is a site that has Gauntlet 2? and if it's free yet?
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm getting a 404 on the first link posted.

http://www.segabandonware.com/

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                              For old DOS games I go here.
                              Oh you guys are some punks! I'm in 80's/early 90's geek brain overload! I'm finding my old favorites! The Black Cauldron, Day of the Tentacle, The Indiana Jones adventure games, King's Quest, Space Quest, Monkey Island, Loom, The Dig, Sam & Max! I miss these old adventure games. They were SO much fun. My best friend and I down the street would play the heck out of these on his Amiga (much better than their DOS counterparts). Oh I yearn for the days when Lucasarts did a hell of a lot more than just friggin Star Wars games. I yearn for the days when game makers had an imagination. Too bad these old adventure games just weren't profitable enough for them. Sigh :(
                              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X