• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controversial? Whoa...

Check this out:

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
    "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
    - Wulfyn

Re: Controversial? Whoa...

Two thumbs up :)

Comment

Is there a synopsis available?

I tried jumping around a bit on this 2 hour monster and got several different topics that seem to have no connection (I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt and say that they are probably linked in some manner in the movie as a whole).

Just checking, but this a big "conspiracy" film, akin to those 9/11 videos on Youtube, right?
      BF 2142:|TG| Birdman10113
      CoD4: |TG|Birdman

Let's put the badges here...

Comment

Yeah... I believe the Zeitgeist film is a flick designed to convince the viewers about how Mexico and the US and whatever are designing some sort of... man. I don't even remember. Something to do with money and capitalism and a trade corridor that allows free market between Canada, Mexico, and the United States and how it's the end of the U.S. as we know it because the dollar won't exist anymore and we'll use new currency akin to the European Union's euro.

I think there's an thread about Zeitgeist. Or maybe it was mentioned in one of the 9/11 conspiracy threads present in this forum.

Comment

The movie topics include: Christianity, 9/11, North American Union, and banking. Most of the movie deals with 9/11 and banking. The North American Union part is very short, and really the least important.

Comment

Chip implants and currency with no backing = wt_?
            I didn't know the federal reserve was a private bank!!!

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
            "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
            - Wulfyn

Comment

it is not a private bank
              Are the Federal Reserve Banks private companies?
              The Federal Reserve Banks, created by an act of Congress in 1913, are operated in the public interest rather than for profit or to benefit any private group.

Commercial banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System hold stock in the Reserve Bank in their region, but they do not exercise control over the Reserve Bank or the Federal Reserve System. Holding stock in a regional Reserve Bank does not carry with it the kind of control and financial interest that holding publicly traded stock affords, and the stock may not be sold or traded. Member banks do, however, receive a fixed 6 percent dividend annually on their stock and elect six of the nine members of the Reserve Bank's board of directors.

Although they are set up like private corporations and member banks hold their stock, the Federal Reserve Banks owe their existence to an act of Congress and have a mandate to serve the public. Therefore, they are not really "private" companies, but rather are "owned" by the citizens of the United States.
              http://www.federalreserve.gov/genera...faqfrbanks.htm

Comment

Well worth the 2 hours to watch. You can download the whole thing for free and watch it if your web browser doesn't like playing long videos.

I believe this has been posted in the past, as I recall discussing it.
                |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                That noob who crashed the chopper.
                That noob who ran over the mine.
                That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Too... long... limited attention... span will... not... compr... ehe... n... d...
                  sigpic

Formerly of the fabled 3rd Special Forces Detachment

"On that day half a century ago, our species was pushed to the crumbling edge of extinction. And as we teetered on that precipice, staring down into the abyss, a hand reached out, pulled us back from the brink, and gave us hope... the hand of a Hero."

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
                    Statement from Zeitgeist creator:

Now, it's important to point out that there is a tendency to simply disbelieve things that are counter to our understanding, without the necessary research performed. For example, some information contained in Part 1 and Part 3, specifically, is not obtained by simple keyword searches on the Internet. You have to dig deeper. For instance, very often people who look up "Horus" or "The Federal Reserve" on the Internet draw their conclusions from very general or biased sources. Online encyclopedias or text book Encyclopedias often do not contain the information contained in Zeitgeist. However, if one takes the time to read the sources provided, they will find that what is being presented is based on documented evidence.
                    I'm not sure the federal reserve is going to be the best, unbiased source of information on the federal reserve :)

Comment

Well, its a known fact that it is created by the government and responsible to the board of governors. Now the creator of the story would probably like to spread doubt..........

Comment

The FED is a private entity that is supposed to work for the public good.

The actual government is a PUBLIC entity that does a mediocre job working for the public good. Do you think a private group is going to hold the public interest above all else when the public government seldom does so?

--

The info in Zeitgeist detailing how the FED intentionally harmed the economy to destroy private banking entities and force them into the FED group is very accurate. The FED intentionally caused the kinds recessions and bank runs that they were created to prevent.
                        |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                        That noob who crashed the chopper.
                        That noob who ran over the mine.
                        That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                        That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

"Chip implants and currency with no backing = wt_? I didn't know the federal reserve was a private bank!!!"

US currency has been without backing since 1963, when we were forced by mandate off the gold standard and onto fiat ("the money is good because WE SAY SO!") farts-and-giggles money.

Comment

I didn't watch the entire thing so I'm not sure exactly what was mentioned. In general though, conspiracy theories are built upon many different events. Most of time these events are akin to lego blocks. Depending upon how you put them together you will get different pictures. Though them together one way and you have your picture, but if you slightly change how they are put together you get a totally different product.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
                              "Chip implants and currency with no backing = wt_? I didn't know the federal reserve was a private bank!!!"

US currency has been without backing since 1963, when we were forced by mandate off the gold standard and onto fiat ("the money is good because WE SAY SO!") farts-and-giggles money.
                              Is there any reason that you think gold is valuable other than people "say so?"
                              ---
                              Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X