It's bad for ya or I'm bad for ya.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's bad for ya or I'm bad for ya.

Today at 10pm EST the latest George Carlin special. It's titled "It's bad for ya." I prefer the original title "The useless parade of stupid ********" but you can't have everything.

This is the HBO.com summary.

"As he turns 70, the indefatigable George Carlin continues to set the standard by which stand-up comedians are judged, with relentless routines that rip society's most sacred taboos and institutions. In his 14th solo special for HBO, Carlin unveils his latest catalogue of comic complaints, live from Santa Rosa, CA! Filled with the comic's dead-on-funny insights, It's Bad For Ya will feature his takes on such issues as the advantages of being old; euphemisms associated with dead people; child worship and the failure of the so-called "self-esteem" movement; his intolerance of stupid and/or boring people; how to respond to parents who show you pictures of their kids; and above all, our abnormal preoccupation with BS, i.e., 'stuff that's bad for ya!'"

Overall I am really super hyped for this. I hope it's not his last.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: It's bad for ya or I'm bad for ya.

I gotta remember to TiVo this. I wonder if a DVD will be out soon?
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Top of his game from what I can tell so far.
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Great special. I think it will be more of a hit with the mainstream. Life is Worth Losing is just too dark for most people but this one strikes a good balance.

Edit: For those that have never seen him before he is well comics like Bill Maher are similar to him. The defining difference between him and most of the comedians I have seen that cite him as a role model is that he is extremely dark. Pitch black, nihilistic, and witty comedy.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

I grew up with George. What I learned from him really pissed off my very proper and religious grandmother. :D
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

What I have learned from him (plus life experiences) has turned me in a dark and nihilistic misanthropist and I wouldn't have it any other way. :row__536:

He is my favorite comedian based on his dark and nihilistic humor and it's on my to do list to do stand up.
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

carlin is my favorite all time standup comidian... im mad i missed this, is there anywhere online this can be aquired? im sure hbo will rerun this every two hours for the next 6 months tho..