Marines Investigate Puppy-Throwing Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marines Investigate Puppy-Throwing Video

Just what the US needs, a video of a marine tossing a live puppy off of a cliff to its death.

Here is the story:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4384322

It's not hard to find the video on YouTube and I'll not link to it here. I will leave that to you to decide to find it and view on your own. The video is disturbing to say the least.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Re: Marines Investigate Puppy-Throwing Video

YouTube has already pulled the video twice, but it's right there on the ABC site that you linked to.

Could be real, but it could easily be fake the way he draws his arm back so that the puppy is off camera. If it's found to be real, I hope he gets everything coming to him...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Whoever he/they is/are, he/they should be punished most severely. That sort of thing is not funny, and you're right Lorax, that's just what America needs to show everyone, that they're there for peace. I'm all for the 'you get punished in whatever way you committed the crime' idea. Eg, someone throws a dog off a cliff, they get thrown off a cliff.

(I don't know how many people participated in this as I haven't seen the video and wont, so that's why the he/they's are there)
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I stumbled across the video due to happenstance. There were three individuals involved including the person holding the camera. It was particularly brutal, made me weep like a child, and then crave revenge most foul. I can't stand anyone that brutalizes, tortures, or kills a defenseless animal for the simple reason that they can. That's not what the caretakers of the planet are supposed to do.

sigpic

Donate Blood. Ask for a gun and a bucket.

Comment

I don't doubt the legitimacy of that video. It's enough to make you sick. It'd be fair to say I hope each and every one of those guys gets thrown from a cliff someday.
          | | |

Comment

We had a jerk-off squad leader that tossed a goat off a cliff in Afghanistan (same unit, different company than mine). He was given a field-grade Art. 15. Relieved of his position and bumped down to sergeant.

If the video's legitimate (and I have almost zero doubt that it isn't), he'll be punished.

Comment

Yh, saw the video, and surprised to see it on the Sandbox. Needless to say, those people are just...well I dunno what to say, but everyone knows how despicable these acts are. It was on the Rotten Tomatoes forums, and my brother's a member on it and showed me the clip.

Seeing a cat getting run over just the other day didn't make this any more pleasant...

Disgusting, I turned my head away as he pulled his arm back...
              Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

Would everybody be so upset if it was a rat or a snake they threw?
                Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I would be if he held it up and added the same commentary he did with the puppy. There's no excuse for such a blatant disrespect of life. There's no justification for it either.
                  | | |

Comment

Depends.

A rat alone would be ignored because rats are vermin, but if the snake ate the rat and then the snake was thrown, the snake was evil for preying upon the poor little guy with the cute widdle pink nose, and thus justice was being served.

Comment

Now I have no more support for the marines :(

Comment

Don't lose your support for the organization because a couple schmucks slipped through the cracks. I love the Marines. But these particular Marines...well...I already said they can get thrown off a cliff for all I care.
                        | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                          I would be if he held it up and added the same commentary he did with the puppy. There's no excuse for such a blatant disrespect of life. There's no justification for it either.
                          Same here.
                          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Real or not, thats just sick. Even if the video was fake and no real dog was thrown off a cliff, the idea alone is just horrid.
                            The guys in the video are definitely prime candidates for retroactive birth control (read: birth control administered directly to the child anytime after birth via a .45 caliber handgun).

Comment

I agree, you can not judge the whole based on a few bad parts. I would hope they get stripped of their rank.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X