Now I Get It

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I Get It

I made my first arrest(citizen's arrest that is) last night. The adrenalin rush is so intense. It's better than drugs.

I was just driving down the road, minding my own business when suddenly this car comes around me on the right and then swerves in front of me. He swerved so hard that he actually crossed the double yellow line and almost caused a head-on. I thought at that point that it was just some dumb kid, but then he over-corrected and swerved almost into the truck that was now to his right. For the next mile or so I watched him swerve from one lane into the other and at that point decided it was time to call the CSP. I told the lady what I had observed and she said that if a cruiser was in the area they would give me a call, but not to follow the guy. I told her that if one wasn't in the area to dispatch one cause I wasn't going to let this guy go. By this point he knew I was following him and started driving even more erratically. When he turned into an apt complex I noticed that there was a car following me and so I got a little nervous. He made a U-turn and started to head back to the entrance and then stopped. I then noticed that between him and the car that was still behind me that I was stuck. When he got out of his car and started towards me I decided that I better get out before he trapped me in the car. I wrestled him to the ground which wasn't difficult considering how wasted he was and it was at that point that the two girls that had been following me came running up yelling that I should hold him down that the cops were almost there. Luckily they were there in less than minute. The officer asked me to hold the guy's arm while he got the first cuff on and then he took over. He then had me tell the guy that he was under citizen's arrest for drunk driving. He said he would look at the books and see if he could charge him with resisting also.

This is most definitely the biggest rush I've had in years. Just sitting here writing this has my heart pounding again. I know this isn't the only reason cops do what they do, but I see how one could get addicted.

Re: Now I Get It

Dude! That's awesome! You very well have saved someones life last night. Maybe even his!
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Nice work

Comment

woot!!! lol
        powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

I guess you liked it?

;)
          |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Fush View Post
            The adrenalin rush is so intense. It's better than drugs.
            There's a phrase you'd want to avoid if you need to testify. :D

Comment

That was a very brave thing you did and stands as a testament to your character Buck, well done.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Fush View Post
                This is most definitely the biggest rush I've had in years. Just sitting here writing this has my heart pounding again. I know this isn't the only reason cops do what they do, but I see how one could get addicted.
                Not only is it exciting to hunt other men, but it just makes you feel good to know that you made the world just a little bit better just by making the decision to take action instead of just watching.

In a few weeks/months, you'll see our justice system at work, too. Despite the fact that you saw him try to kill people on the road and you smelled the fumes wafting from his piehole as he yelled at you to get off of him, the judge or jury will be unimpressed and he'll plea down to a $200 speeding or reckless driving ticket. Then he'll file a civil suit against you, because physically arresting him for a simple speeding offense is unreasonable Then you'll see what it feels like after the adrenaline wears off... If you still think it was worth it, then perhaps you should consider going to the next police recruiting fair.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                  Not only is it exciting to hunt other men, but it just makes you feel good to know that you made the world just a little bit better just by making the decision to take action instead of just watching.

In a few weeks/months, you'll see our justice system at work, too. Despite the fact that you saw him try to kill people on the road and you smelled the fumes wafting from his piehole as he yelled at you to get off of him, the judge or jury will be unimpressed and he'll plea down to a $200 speeding or reckless driving ticket. Then he'll file a civil suit against you, because physically arresting him for a simple speeding offense is unreasonable Then you'll see what it feels like after the adrenaline wears off... If you still think it was worth it, then perhaps you should consider going to the next police recruiting fair.
                  QFT
                  You should have taken his keys threw them in the bushes and took off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                    QFT
                    You should have taken his keys threw them in the bushes and took off.
                    Ah, but if more people took action like this, the world would definitely be a better place. Stand up and be a man (or woman)!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Ah, but if more people took action like this, the world would definitely be a better place. Stand up and be a man (or woman)!
                      I would have done exactly what Mr Buck did, but after reading your comment. I'm not going to waste my time and money in court because of one drunk arsh*le. Charles Bronson baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                        I would have done exactly what Mr Buck did, but after reading your comment. I'm not going to waste my time and money in court because of one drunk arsh*le. Charles Bronson baby!
                        I hear ya!

But seriously, I can't help but think that we can turn back the clock if more people would simply stand up and do what's right. I've talked about that fact that if I caught some kid vandalizing my property and I grabbed him by the arm and walked him straight to his parents and told them what the kid was doing, that somehow in this day and age, that I would be the bad guy. It's crazy. I dream about personal responsibility making a comeback.
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I hear ya!

But seriously, I can't help but think that we can turn back the clock if more people would simply stand up and do what's right. I've talked about that fact that if I caught some kid vandalizing my property and I grabbed him by the arm and walked him straight to his parents and told them what the kid was doing, that somehow in this day and age, that I would be the bad guy. It's crazy. I dream about personal responsibility making a comeback.
                          No, you were supposed to let him destroy your property. He is a just a poor and troubled child looking to express his emotions....

Criminals should be given free food and lodging in addition to large bags of money, so that they can make a proper recovery into society and be free beings....

They just want live a better life...

|TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Now I don't get it. I need to go read up on the justice system...

-Zephyr
                            You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                            We are not a single game.
                            We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                            We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

I was in a similar situation once. I pulled up to the guy and told him I would drive him home if he parked his car or I would call the cops if he kept driving. I ended up giving him a ride home and he thanked me the next day when he understood the seriousness of it.

You definitely did the right thing getting him off the road, just wanted to point out that you don't always have to expose yourself to such risks or approach it aggressively. A police officer has a vest, a gun, and a hundred blue and whites who can get on scene within 5 min if he presses the 'oh ****' button. You have a fleece vest, a set of balls, and a garage door opener that sometimes works at 100m from your house. Those don't produce exactly the same results in a dangerous situation.
                              |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                              That noob who crashed the chopper.
                              That noob who ran over the mine.
                              That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                              That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X