Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PROFOUND video: please don't miss out on this.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROFOUND video: please don't miss out on this.

About being considered "retarded"...an amazing and enlightening thesis from an "other than normal" person. Worth showing your kids, too.

A perfect argument for the importance of having things like YouTube...
    sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Re: PROFOUND video: please don't miss out on this.

Thank you for showing this to me Axis, I feel like I just climbed another rung of an ethical ladder, it's well worth watching.
    sigpic

Comment

Excellent find, again, well worth watching. But what was that thing right at the end? It looked like a windspeed detector in a glass bubble.
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Great video! Very eye opening and something most people aren't exposed to. There's a lot of garbage out there on the internet, but there are so many wonderful things like this.

BTW, that thing at the end is one of those glass bulbs that reacts to heat. Every museum gift shop seems to have them. Or at least they used to when I was a kid.
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

That was a Crookes' radiometer, which is a neat device that isn't properly explained by physics yet. It reacts to photons -- light -- rather than heat, per-se. Since heat at temperatures suitable for our lifestyles is radiated as infra-red-energy light, the radiometer responds accordingly.

Comment

Wow...what a eye-opener.

To be totally honest with you, I never really thought that cognitively disabled people thought like that. I am not saying that all of them were like that, I just never comprehended. It really makes me think, seeing how well-spoken and eloquent she was, who really is the "retard".

After watching this, I am going to try and hinder my overuse of the word "retard". I have been known for saying it both over VOIP in-game and sometimes in the forums. I never really thought about what it REALLY meant until now. Even thought it does mean slow, it doesn't mean stupid.

Once again...awesome find.

p.s.

Magna...you know alot of really odd stuff! I just thought I would point that out;)
            "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

About the "odd" body movement:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stimming
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X