Go Oklahoma!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/....anti.gay.kwtv
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFxk7glmMbo[/media]

Re: Gays are worse than terrorists

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbE3frPRgG8[/media]

Comment

Okies, we revel in our ignorance.

But to be fair we are also some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Maybe it is because we embrace our hate? Where as "liberal free thinking" people try and deny they hate so it comes out in so many tiny ways on a continuum?
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Hmmm...

Well, she does have the right to say what she did, but she's an elected official and her words and actions reflect that of the government, and most specifically of her district/area. Is there something about Republicans and their inane ability to mix government with religion?
        sigpic

Formerly of the fabled 3rd Special Forces Detachment

"On that day half a century ago, our species was pushed to the crumbling edge of extinction. And as we teetered on that precipice, staring down into the abyss, a hand reached out, pulled us back from the brink, and gave us hope... the hand of a Hero."

Comment

Originally posted by MasterEditorInChief View Post
          Is there something about Republicans and their inane ability to mix government with religion?
          Inane ability? Their inability and general unwillingness to adhere to the first Amendment is anything but inane if you ask me. It's quite meaningful, and speaks volumes about the narrow-mindedness of the religious wing of the party.

This woman should be embarassed, and I think she is.

Comment

I don't have anything against people who hold that belief. Homosexuality is against the Bible, and many people will agree with her. What I don't like is the facts that a) She thinks she isn't being recorded, so she thinks that it's ok to say this stuff. b) She says that if this got out her job would be in danger (or something like that), and c) She is supposed to be representing the people, like it says in the video. Things like that are most probably very hurtful to certain people.
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Her son is reportedly gay.
              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                Her son is reportedly gay.
                OWNED!!!
                sigpic

Formerly of the fabled 3rd Special Forces Detachment

"On that day half a century ago, our species was pushed to the crumbling edge of extinction. And as we teetered on that precipice, staring down into the abyss, a hand reached out, pulled us back from the brink, and gave us hope... the hand of a Hero."

Comment

Chances are she doesn't believe in evolution.
                  |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                  That noob who crashed the chopper.
                  That noob who ran over the mine.
                  That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                  That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Nice post, great video.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                      Okies, we revel in our ignorance.
                      I won't say we, because I've never really felt a part of this state. I will say 'they' though. They sure do love ignorance.
                      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I miss the days when free speech meant free speech.... not "free as long as you don't hurt someone's feelings speech".

()

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy View Post
                          I miss the days when free speech meant free speech.... not "free as long as you don't hurt someone's feelings speech".
                          When were those days? Anyhow, I can't see that anyone claims or implies that she shouldn't be allowed to say such things. Why do you think this is a matter of free speech? Point to one of her critics who want her censored. I don't see any such critics. I think you've missed what people are criticizing her for.

The right to free speech isn't a right to go uncriticized. I think people often confuse the two; but, we shouldn't.

Comment

There is really only one reason I can see to hate gays: fear of being gay yourself.

Otherwise gay just means less competition! I absolutely loved going out with gay friends when I was single. They have lots of easily approachable women around them, and they aren't keeping them for themselves :). Even gay parties are a decent place to meet girls, because the gays always bring some nice straight friends, and they aren't being groped at or bored by so many people hitting on them. Ah good times!

Seriously you have to doubt your own sexual orientation to be bothered by gays, as has been proven by so many, many right-wingers in the toilets of America.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                              When were those days? Anyhow, I can't see that anyone claims or implies that she shouldn't be allowed to say such things. Why do you think this is a matter of free speech? Point to one of her critics who want her censored. I don't see any such critics. I think you've missed what people are criticizing her for.

The right to free speech isn't a right to go uncriticized. I think people often confuse the two; but, we shouldn't.
                              Watch the video again. When people start coming out with the idea she should be censored or punished for speaking her mind (which some interviewed did) then it most definitely becomes an issue of free speech. That is the point of free speech... it's FREE! It doesn't come with punishment... or even the thought of it for something so much of a non-issue as this. The gay debate will live on for a long time and neither side should be given so much attention.

()

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X