Bush VS Kerry: the debate is on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush VS Kerry: the debate is on

Well, the big debate is coming up in a couple of days. So I have a question. What do you think you're going to get out of it?

Re: Bush VS Kerry: the debate is on

Bush will say something incredibly stupid, and Kerry will miss a golden opportunity to call him on it by saying something else that proves he's a hypocrit.

I mean seriously, do these guys have half a clue what they're talking about 90% of the time?

Comment

arnt they all idiots?
      From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
        Bush will say something incredibly stupid, and Kerry will miss a golden opportunity to call him on it by saying something else that proves he's a hypocrit.

I mean seriously, do these guys have half a clue what they're talking about 90% of the time?
        lmao, agreed!
        New to TG?

Comment

Sadly, no. I think one year we, as a people, should elect a leader that didn't get where he is by family ties and deep pockets. Just pick an Average Joe, throw him in the oval office for 4 years (basting every 20 months) and see if he does better. Somehow I need to prove to myself that people like Bush and Kerry are the best for the job. This seems acceptable. And hey, if he (or she for that matter) screws up, we can impeach the living hell out of him! Isn't it just like Americans to put faith in something then, after it fails, shun and criticize it? :D

PS: Bush will win. He's a very good public speaker with the best (pre-)written speeches.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX

heh true that, i recall previous elections by reading about them, and some that ive seen myself, every candidate was talking about improving healthcare, like they dont care wat they want to improve as long as they mention healthcare lol.

oh also, those that get to white house really cant do any big changes, they do what others expect them to do pretty much, can a presdint simply put his foot down and say "weapons of any kind are not allowed, unless its a kitchen knife sold in walmart"
            they cant, well perhaps they can but they wont thats for sure.

Plus those who get the presidency are always rich folks, well it seems that way anyhow. How can a guy stuffed with money know or care about the needs of people that work 9-5 for a living. Know perhaps, care not.

Also no1 and i say no1 likes a leader that takes a country into war, only if your country is attacked can u defend it, but no means defend it saying other country has nukes and invading it, Russia has nukes, and..

ok abit off topic there perhaps :D

anyhow, only president i liked was Clinton, man has done alot for science and computers.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
              PS: Bush will win. He's a very good public speaker with the best (pre-)written speeches.
              I really hope you're being sarcastic..

Comment

Originally posted by Turbinator
                anyhow, only president i liked was Clinton, man has done alot for science and computers.
                But he got a blow job in the oval office.. that and that alone makes him the worst president ever /sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                  I really hope you're being sarcastic..
                  No, he actually is very good at public speaking. His grammatical gaffes are easy targets for the pundits the next day, but that doesn't matter. His speeches win over the hearts and minds of Americans. That's what matters. He's sincere and he conveys that when he speaks.

I predict we'll see Senator Kerry blown away when they get together on the same stage on TV.
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Turbinator
                    Also no1 and i say no1 likes a leader that takes a country into war
                    Hmmm, I guess the majority of this country (according to some polls right now) are just "no1"s...
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Ender, I don't want him to win (the speech) but I'm just saying, he will.

If someone wants war, and sees it as a fine option rather than a last resort, then I say they should be the ones fighting the war. I take it that poll(s) was taken in the U.S. where someone remained in thier house to take it. I would be thoroughly intrested to see the same poll taken in Iraq. It'd or either shut me up and put me in my place or do the same to you (those who took the poll in favor of war).

If the majority of Americans support war, then they support Bush. So, the key is to attack the war, which Kerry has not done effectively. The most probable reason is, of course, Kerry voted for the war in the beginning. Atacking Bush's war records would have been nice, if CBS hadn't made an intelligence error and made all future attacks dissmissable on its behalf. Even still, I find Bush's attacks on Kerry's medals a wee bit absurd. 1.) Beyond any dought he did get at least 1 Purple Heart, more than Bush has. 2.) Hey, at least Kerry was in 'Nam, shrub.

In the end, we need Kerry to win the deabtes to win over the people to win the election. However, that's looking iffy, so why don't we just fall back on a film? :icon_roll

EDIT: Straight for The Daily Show, to give you a preveiw of what debeates are going on before the debates:
                      Originally posted by Jon Stewart
                      ...Kerry requested that the hallways be kept at 'below 70 degrees' George Bush denied this...a representative said 'Kerry is a sweater, and women don't like sweaters'. So, apparently, he's not going to get laid. This, however, is the only time the Bush administration has paid attention to climate change.
                      And yes, Bill O'Reily, I watch TDS after much stoning and slacking.
                      Last edited by HairyNevus; 09-28-2004, 10:59 PM.

Comment

I would be thoroughly intrested to see the same poll taken in Iraq. It'd or either shut me up and put me in my place or do the same to you (those who took the poll in favor of war).
                        I assume you mean a poll of Iraqi's as opposed to Americans (as in Soldiers) in Iraq? The military votes Republican as assuredly as blacks vote Democrat.

Here are some poll numbers of Iraqi's taken from here and IIACS which doesn't appear to have a web presence but is quoted here:

Do you feel that Iraq is generally heading in the right direction or the wrong direction?"

Yes=51%
                        No=31%

Do you think life has improved since the fall of Saddam Hussein?

Kurds-85% Yes
                        S.Iraq-50% Yes
                        Baghdad-33% Yes
                        Sunni Triangle (Baathist Loyalists)-12% Yes

What issues most concern you?
                        Crime -39%
                        Insurgency-6%

77% said that "regular, fair elections" were the most important political right for the Iraqi people and 58% felt that Iraqi-style democracy was likely to succeed.

Even still, I find Bush's attacks on Kerry's medals a wee bit absurd. 1.) Beyond any dought he did get at least 1 Purple Heart, more than Bush has. 2.) Hey, at least Kerry was in 'Nam, shrub. .
                        So, by this logic Clinton should never had been the President?
                        New to TG?

Comment

Speaking of debates, the two most popular third party candidates will be debating as well... Ralph Nader has also been invited to this debate which will take place the same night as President Bush and Senator Kerry face off. After the GOP and Democratic candidates are done, the third party candidates will also offer rebuttals to those arguments. Sounds like something worth watching...
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

i'm going to vote for bush because of four reasons (i don't have time to explain why so if you want to know more details, PM me)

1) he's against abortion
                            2) he's against gay marriage
                            3) he's against stem cell research
                            4) he protects taiwan from communist china
                            5) he's a christian

Comment

... but that's five reasons.
                              [volun2]
                              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X