X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stark, blithering reality

Kerry 1 Bush 0

...and its not even over yet!

Is Bush talking like a farmer who failed grade 10 just to be stylish? I think he rehearsed the same 20 sentences and phrases and thought that would be good enough. I can't believe what I'm seeing, this is great entertainment, reality TV at it's best. OMFG we are all laughing our asses off at this guy. Quick, somebody call his press secretary and procure a better speach therapist. :icon_lol:

Are you guys watching this?
    Last edited by DeRanger; 09-30-2004, 10:31 PM.

Re: Stark, blithering reality

Not liking either one, I'm not really worried about who wins, but if Kerry says "keep our eye on the ball" one more time, I think I'm gonna get violent.

Comment

I wish Nader was in there also, or somebody, it seems like less of a democratic process with only a choice between the two. The lead-up to November is going to be really interesting and I can't believe my posts haven't been deleted yet... :icon_lol:

Is it true that only about 1/3 of your country comprises the ultimate vote tally considering key states in the the Electoral College?

Comment

Voting has always been low in the US. Before 2000 I think it was around 20% (you can check that).

Summation: Kerry got curb stomped. I'm sorry, but I don't see any other way about it. Bush was on fire. Had he been a better linguist: it would have been completely one sided. Looks like Kerry didn't "keep his eye on the ball." Haha! Now I have to hurt someone...

Comment

Personally, I don't care "who sounds better". When I go to the polls, it is who has the better substance.

I tried to figure out how Kerry was going to do what he said he was going to do but when he didn't give out any details, it is hard to see what his plans are.

For example, his plan for Iraq is to get the other nations that are currently sitting on the sidelines into the fight. Though he didn't say how he was going to exactly do this (he seem to imply that just by electing him, nations like France and Germany were going to send help to Iraq...).

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
            Kerry got curb stomped. I'm sorry, but I don't see any other way about it. Bush was on fire...
            :icon25: Wow, alright then... :icon_lol:

Comment

Summation: Kerry got curb stomped. I'm sorry, but I don't see any other way about it.
              Couldn't agree more !

Comment

Voting has always been low in the US. Before 2000 I think it was around 20% (you can check that).
                I think that is true on non-Presidential voting years

http://www.fairvote.org/turnout/preturn.htm

Average seems to be around 50 percent according to this sorce

Comment

Curb-stomped? Were you watching the same debate I was?

Bush did NOTHING but harp on the alleged waffling of Kerry. Kerry at least answered a question now and again, in between his own non-question-related points.

All in all, it was more like watching speeches on the campaign trail than a debate. Neither person excelled, but to declare Bush the winner -- much less a curbstomping winner -- is laughable.
                  [volun2]
                  NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                  Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                  <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                  <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                    Curb-stomped? Were you watching the same debate I was?

Bush did NOTHING but harp on the alleged waffling of Kerry. Kerry at least answered a question now and again, in between his own non-question-related points.

All in all, it was more like watching speeches on the campaign trail than a debate. Neither person excelled, but to declare Bush the winner -- much less a curbstomping winner -- is laughable.
                    Well, the debate was President Bush's to lose. As long as he didn't make any colossal blunders, he would come out ahead. Senator Kerry just doesn't have a chance. His entire campaign is based on tearing down the President. He has no vision. He has no positive plans for the future. Only negative views of what the President has done if it suits his needs...

BTW, I'm thinking about getting this T-shirt:
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                      Well, the debate was President Bush's to lose. As long as he didn't make any colossal blunders, he would come out ahead. Senator Kerry just doesn't have a chance. His entire campaign is based on tearing down the President. He has no vision. He has no positive plans for the future. Only negative views of what the President has done if it suits his needs...

BTW, I'm thinking about getting this T-shirt:
                      He has plenty of positive plans for the future, Cing. But when most of them are in the neighborhood of "undoing the trouble the last guy caused", I can see how one might think it's all negative.

Gotta hand it to Bush though... he can take a talking point and drive into your skull like an icepick.
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                        He has plenty of positive plans for the future, Cing.
                        Really? What are they? What's his "vision" for America?
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by DeRanger
                          Kerry 1 Bush 0

...and its not even over yet!

Is Bush talking like a farmer who failed grade 10 just to be stylish? I think he rehearsed the same 20 sentences and phrases and thought that would be good enough. I can't believe what I'm seeing, this is great entertainment, reality TV at it's best. OMFG we are all laughing our asses off at this guy. Quick, somebody call his press secretary and procure a better speach therapist. :icon_lol:

Are you guys watching this?
                          If that's all you care about is how one speaks compared to the other than Kerry won, no question. He is more eloquent and smooth than Bush.

Personally, the details of what they are saying is what matters more and in that case Bush won. I just watched the first half hour and I picked out 5 or 6 things that Kerry said that were patently false.

I think I'll send GW another $50.
                          New to TG?

Comment

George said at one point in defense of his decision to start a war in Iraq that Saddam Hussein was responsible for the 9/11 attack. Is that what you believe too? Did you mistake George's pinched-faced grimacing, blank pauses and stuttering for captivating and inspiring trust in his audience. I will never be able to sway your perception, nor do I wish to try but if you are that enamored with George W. then thats terrific Squid, you wear it well... :icon_lol:

Comment

Originally posted by DeRanger
                              George said at one point in defense of his decision to start a war in Iraq that Saddam Hussein was responsible for the 9/11 attack. Is that what you believe too? Did you mistake George's pinched-faced grimacing, blank pauses and stuttering for captivating and inspiring trust in his audience. I will never be able to sway your perception, nor do I wish to try but if you are that enamored with George W. then that's terrific Squid... :icon_lol:
                              I posted this in the other thread where you mentioned this too. I can't find this statement in the transcript of the debate. Could you please help?
                              New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X