Cannabis in TG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannabis in TG

I wanted to make a poll but can't find out how to do one in these forums for some reason so anyway;

I was just curious to how many TG members (supporters and non) smoked cannabis or used to and those who do/dont opinions are on it.

As for me, you can tell that I smoke/used to smoke weed. Toking to me was more of a lifestyle, all my friends toked, all my girlfriends toke, it was just something that I decided fit me. Now to get off, people that would call me a pothead, I'm not, I would rather call myself the intellectual stoner.. Even Barack Obama has stated that he used to smoke dro a bit in his college days and he graduated fine and hes running for President of the United States and doing one hell of a job for a) An African-American(just saying hes first black candidate), b)Going up against another candidate thats already had heavy influence on the country c)Another candidate whose own husband was once president(and a good one IMO), and d)He came from practiclly nothing as he once stated, his dad was an immigrant and left his family when he was 3 or something and his family didnt have much money.

Anyway to what I was wondering about this community is how weed's effected TG players lives (positive and negative feedback) and what they think about it just in general.

In my opinion the only times that cannabis has negative effects on people is when they abuse it and when the person themself their body doesnt tolerate it. For me its kinda weird cuz I used to toke everyday from 7th to 10th grade then stopped when I started playing football, and yea, my brains somewhat messed up from starting in middle school and I regret it, but if I was I could go back in time I'd probably make most of the same choices...
    and its weird cuz from 7th to 10th (starting of 10th) my grades have been mostly Bs and As, about 1 or 2 Cs for the entire school year (going in quarters) and now when Ive stopped smoking (almost completely) theyre currently at a D average and it seems like its alot harder to concentrate on studying and homework.. (lookin for advice if anyone has any and what might be causing this..)
    Comparing alcohol to cannabis I'd rather take home a sack of cannabis than a fifth of liquor. Alcohol is enjoyable but you cant even act normal when ingesting it and theirs no way for you to come down quickly. Alcohol in my mind is more of a drug than cannbis will ever be. another question is why would cannabis be illegal if cigarettes arent.. Making cannabis illegal took much propaganda work in the early 1900s yes but still, Ive never even heard of someone dying from weed whereas tobacco kills people who dont even smoke it.

Wrapping up this post; I was just curious to see the communities opinion on this and if any admins see any problems with this thread in a way that its going against the rules of TG then feel free to delete the thread as a whole.
    -Thanks, Fenian420...
    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Re: Cannabis in TG

This really needs to be in the sandbox. I smell trouble.

Comment

I have never and will never do any sort of illegal drug. I rarely even drink these days, maybe 5 or 6 beers in a year. I have seen way too many friends get messed up on this stuff and while I do admit that weed is not as harmful as other drugs, it does mess you up and more importantly, changes you into another person. A part of that is the lifestyle, I suppose.

I'll give my finest example. My best friend in High School was like me, we skated, we listened to a lot of metal music like Metallica and other similar bands, we were both graced with high IQs (mine is 167, his was 165) and we generally opposed anything to do with drugs. It was an unusual stance to take considering our other friends we hung around who were into the skating or music scene, but we considered ourselves to be a bit wiser than the others. My friend was a much better skater than I was and honestly had a good chance of getting sponsored and turning pro. I was better at music and played guitar and drums. We were as thick as thieves and were almost like brothers. At some point after we got out of High School, he gave in to the urgings of some friends to try smoking weed. I never knew he started until a year or so later. He kept it from me because he knew I would not approve. I wasn't hanging out with him as much during this time because we both had girlfriends and they took up a lot of our time. Naturally when I found out, I went off on him and it was near to a fist fight. He insisted that he was ok, and that he could quit if he wanted to. I basically told him if that was what he wanted, fine and we would remain friends but when he smoked weed or had his druggy friends over, I would leave. In the next few years were grew further and further apart because he became more and more involved with weed. He started selling it and got busted, quit smoking it and then started again. Due to his focus on the whole weed culture and lifestyle, there wasn't a lot of time for us to hang out. He quit skating and basically sat around, smoked weed an played Xbox. He went from job to job, girlfriend to girlfriend, getting married and then divorced. Now he can't even hold a decent conversation with me. He went from having an IQ as high as mine and having a brilliant and quick mind to being a total burnout. It's sad to me and I honestly have trouble hanging around him even though he has gotten married again and has supposedly cut back now that he is a father. I miss the friend I once had who was as near to the ideal friend as I could imagine but the drugs took all of that away.

Because of the experience with that friend and other friendships and relationships that have fallen apart in my life due to the effect of drugs, I will never allow them around me. I even threw a guy out of my car on the highway about 40 miles from home because he admitted he had weed in his pocket. I am violently opposed to it and the destruction it brings.

Just my .02

Comment

I smoke cannabis and will continue to smoke cannabis. Nothing serious though. I have friends that are chimminy but I rarely smoke. I wouldn't mind smoking more but it's alright.

I wish it was legal especially for medical purposes. Granted drug companies wouldn't like the idea of a medicine you can grow in your backyard.

Edit: I smell trouble with this subject though.
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Best if an admin moves this to Sandbox.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
            I smell trouble.
            I guess that means you would answer no to the poll :madsmile:

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I have to wonder about the intelligence of admitting to doing ANYTHING illegal in a public forum...
              | | |

Comment

I prefer heroin myself...
                Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
                  we were both graced with high IQs (mine is 167, his was 165)
                  So you and him are certified geniuses? Which test was this, the Wechsler? The most commonly administered test for adults is on the Wechsler Adult Intelligence scale. A 167 on the Wechsler means you scored in the 99.9997 percentile. Statistically that puts you in the company of the top 1,800 people in the world. The average Ph.D or M.D. holder scores a 125. That's the 95th percentile.

Or are you basing this on an internet IQ test?

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                    So you and him are certified geniuses? Which test was this, the Wechsler? The most commonly administered test for adults is on the Wechsler Adult Intelligence scale. A 167 on the Wechsler means you scored in the 99.9997 percentile. Statistically that puts you in the company of the top 1,800 people in the world. The average Ph.D or M.D. holder scores a 125. That's the 95th percentile.

Or are you basing this on an internet IQ test?
                    ya know.. your really bringin me down man...
                    Dizlor

Comment

Well what's to say:

Cannabis!...is it wrong or is it rite? In certain countries it's not illegal, others it is decimalised, my view is, that it is up to a Mature ADULT what they feel is rite or wrong for them or in fact their body, it is a known fact that in the Uk and the Usa the government have made it illegal to process with the INTENT to supply.

What an individual decides is surely up to them, you and I are not his or her judge, after all the plant was going to be put in the nettle family, only when it was found to have medicinal purposes was it classed as a hemp species.

So what's to say, that there are not other plants out there that could give you the same hit, in my view if you use cannabis, it is will power that stops a person going onto something more sinister.

I CHOOSE not to use cannabis but I am not here to judge anybody, for what they do.
                      sigpic
                      "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
                        I have never and will never do any sort of illegal drug. I rarely even drink these days, maybe 5 or 6 beers in a year. I have seen way too many friends get messed up on this stuff and while I do admit that weed is not as harmful as other drugs, it does mess you up and more importantly, changes you into another person.
                        Anything you do "changes you into another person." Admittedly, drugs happens to mess with brain chemistry a bit more drastically than most, but the "change people" argument seems somewhat silly.

I've smoked a few times. Its amusing, but not something I'd do on a regular basis or voluntarily seek out.
                        I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                          ya know.. your really bringin me down man...
                          Why is that bringing you down?

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                            Why is that bringing you down?
                            all that .. smartness mumbo jumbo :madsmile:
                            Dizlor

Comment

I am not a drug user. I also don't think it is such a horrible thing to use drugs. In my limited personal experience, I have seen two kinds of drug users. Some use drugs, they continue about their lives and do just great. The other type perscribe to the whole drug sub-culture, and their lives are ruined. On the whole I'd say that the number of responsible drug users is on the slim side so the net affect of it all is probably not a good thing.

And to expand on what sordavie was saying. I have met one person in my entire life with an IQ 160+. He is a math prof. at my school, member of mensa, side jobs include: cypt. work for NSA and number theory research at MIT with an interest in diophantine equations. I've seen him solve two different non-linear differential equations at the same time (one with each hand) as well as take the cube root of a nine digit prime number in his head down to 8 decimal places before I could get it all in the calculator.

I'm not saying your IQ isn't that high. It is just VERY unlikely that you AND your friend have an IQ 160+. The odds of two people with an IQ that high going to the same school + being the same age is very very low.
                              Shhhh I'm being made

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X