Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using our powers for good... FLIR video...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using our powers for good... FLIR video...

See, we can use our mighty powers and super duper equipment for good... lol...

Lost elderly lady, FLIR camera find... the K9 unit you hear on the radio is me...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEfHIkRkUmI[/media]

It feels good when this stuff works out, most of the time it's criminals we catch with the FLIR system and K9... but no one but the victim is usually thankful for that, everyone is thankful when we find lost people. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Using our powers for good... FLIR video...

Good stuff.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Nice one.

"Standby, Let me get the laser on her" -How does that work?

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Excellent job! I guess my mind is stuck on military stuff, with the "FIRE" blinking in the lower right corner of the screen I kept expecting a missile launch or something, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
            Excellent job! I guess my mind is stuck on military stuff, with the "FIRE" blinking in the lower right corner of the screen I kept expecting a missile launch or something, lol.
            Yeah, I thought the FIRE message was a bit ominous...

Good stuff, well done!
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

That's actually really cool. When old people get lost here in Maine in the winter, they usually die out there from exposure and then are buried in the snowpack until spring. Sometimes this happens to drunks, too. Even if we had FLIR cameras in the sky here, at 0degF I wonder how quickly the heat signature would be lost.

Comment

Thanks for the comments...just sharing...

Well the FLIR system is a old military item...thats why the shoot is there, but it's not hooked up to anything, lol...

BTW... how the laser works is that the bird will lase the subject, you can't see this unless you have night vision goggles on which the patrol supervisor and K9 units have... so with NV on you will see the beam from the bird to the subject...sweet. ;)
                Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Awesome job. :) A very heroic effort. Thanks for posting the video.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
                    Haha yeah, I guess I wasn't the only one to waiting for her to be lit up after they marked her with the laser :D
                    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X