Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Sclerosis.....can we help?

OK,
    It is not often that I get up on a soap box, but this is something that I feel needs help and effects so many people....yet still no cure. There are many diseases out there that are just as bad, if not worse. I happened to choose this one after seeing what it does to children and others over the years.

So, after making sure this wouldn't be a problem, I am making a post in order to help with this cause. I am participating in a 25 mile Bicycle ride to raise money for the local MS Society, and I am looking for some help.
    If you are interested in participating in the ride itself then please go to this link and sign up:

http://bikeded.nationalmssociety.org...E_DED_homepage

If you would like to help me with a donation, then please go to this link and follow the instructions there:

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...nal&fr_id=9338

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

If you have no interest at all, well........thanks for reading and have a great day!

MDFubar

Acknowledge your teammates' Outstanding and Distinguished efforts:

Re: Multiple Sclerosis.....can we help?

For people to donate they need to know your name as the participant or the team to sponsor.

-- oops, nvm. The direct link for you is under the donation barometer
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Actually, if you folow the second link it goes right to "my" donation page.

Comment

I put up $25 for your bike ride, and want to say thank you as well. My aunt worked with the National MS Society for 16 years up here in Minnesota, and continues to work as a volunteer for events such as these. We have a week-long "The Ride Across Minnesota" (TRAM), and a 150 mile 3-day bike ride.

I spent several years doing support for various other events, along with other members of my family. I went along for 3 TRAMs helping people who couldn't make it the whole way. It has always been alot of fun.

Three years ago, my Sister was diagnosed with MS as well. She was 16 at the time. It was pretty rough on the family, almost seeming like a slap in the face after all the help we'd done the previous years, but, I guess that's life. She is doing pretty well now, but has lost a bit of her vision due to a relapse.

Good Luck out there, stay safe and follow the Volunteers advice. These are great events for meeting people and support if needed, but I always want to warn people to be as safe as possible, as you most likely be traveling at least a little bit on public roads.

Most of all though, have fun doing it, it's for a good cause and you'll be happy you did it.
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

This is indeed a very worthy cause. Thanks for stepping up!
          Retired 6th DB

Comment

Thanx, Glad to hear your sister is doing well. The roads are all public, one lane each way...but it is well organized. I have done this before and it is truly a great event, has become something I look forward to every year.

Comment

As a medical student, I can say with a modicum of authority that this is truly a terrible disease. This is a very worthy cause.

DaBrit

By Any Means
              [/url]

Comment

A good friend of my mother's when I was a child had MS. She refused to tell people she had it; in fact, much of the neighborhood was under the impression she was a drunk due to the on-and-off problems she showed with her motor skills. When she finally came out and explained to everyone that she had MS, the entire neighborhood changed its tune. People started helping her with her groceries and making sure she got up and down the steps all right. She took it all with very good grace.

Thanks for sharing, Fubar, and thanks for participating.

Comment

I've volunteered in an elderly home and I was assigned to the ward that held some of the most sick patients. Most of them had neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer's and MS and I too can attest that this is a truly horrible disease. This is a worthy cause Fubar, and I admire you for taking part in it.

Unfortunately, I'm a broke university student and can't spare cash but I do wish you well. Good luck.

Comment

Good stuff! Happy to participate Fubar, and thanks.
                    |TG-6th|FYAH29
                    "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

Thanx folks, let's see if you can pass the link on to peple you know too. Every little bit helps, $1, $5, $10......

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X