X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women in the military

A teammate in the IDF pointed me to this:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...524587,00.html

The self-appointed Supreme Judicial Court of the Jewish People, also known as the Sanhedrin, passed down on Thursday a halachic ruling which calls to exempt women from army service and expel those who have already been recruited.

The ruling comes just two months after three religious soldiers belonging to a Yeshivat Hesder (program that combines advanced Talmudic studies with military service) were jailed for refusing to participate in a class given by women instructors.
    I wonder if they could adopt a don't-ask-don't-tell policy?

Photos of some of the women they want to kick out:

http://www.israelmilitary.net/showthread.php?t=13
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Women in the military

"I'd Tap That..." -Me

Pretty damn stupid though, they should just seperate the religious soldiers from classes given by women/have women in them.. Iunno, I bet Israel realizes a better solution to the problem and fixes it somewhat quickly.
    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Ok. It's official. Israeli woman are WAY hotter than their opposition's woman. We should support them for that alone, if nothing else.
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I've heard that women are better shots and more patient on the battlefield. Why not let them fight and die for a country that STILL shuns them in society.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

IDF women = the best women you will ever see.

Oh my jesus.
          Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
            I've heard that women are better shots and more patient on the battlefield. Why not let them fight and die for a country that STILL shuns them in society.
            Because in the thick of battle, their womanly figure (although contained within a unisex combat uniform), would be a distraction to real soldiers. IE: men. Men hold a monopoly on violence.

I know that when I'm getting shot at by hostile forces, the main thing on my mind is "Damn this chick who's covering my flank is hot. I'll be hitting that later provided I don't get shot in the head."

In reality: the people running the show are ignorant bigots. It's really that simple. I will grant that the average mentality of an American soldier isn't much better. I had a buddy come back from Iraq and say the best part was the "Airforce Bitches." Yes, that's the exact phrase used and he wasn't the one who coined it. It was a running joke in his Marine unit.

Comment

I think they should just kick the religious soldiers out. They don't seem to understand the reality of the situation.

I'm of the opinion that they should establish a physical test standard that is considered acceptable for a given sort of military service, and if you pass that standard then you're in, pending health and psychological suitability. If you can carry the pack, aim the gun, follow orders and get the job done it doesn't matter what you've got in your pants or where you want to put it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
                the best part was the "Airforce Bitches." Yes, that's the exact phrase used and he wasn't the one who coined it. It was a running joke in his Marine unit.
                They are hot! Well...hotter than the rest anyway;)
                "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                  Ok. It's official. Israeli woman are WAY hotter than their opposition's woman. We should support them for that alone, if nothing else.
                  I keep telling my IDF teammate that Israel should stop screwing around in the middle east and come conquer California. I'll be one of the first to surrender! :D

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
                    I've heard that women are better shots and more patient on the battlefield.
                    This is the gender that goes through childbirth. If you can stand that, you can stand being under fire and keeping your cool.

Comment

Anyone who wants can enlist in the Israeli mil, just throw on a yamaka (:D
                      |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                      That noob who crashed the chopper.
                      That noob who ran over the mine.
                      That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                      That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

http://funtasticus.com/20080226/defe...t-an-easy-job/

These girls are ready to protect their respective countries from external aggression, although some of them can easily make their way through to the men’s magazine covers. Enjoy and assess! Which country’s army has the sexiest girls? Share your views in the comments!

Comment

The women of the iranian army with shawls and MP5. They look like they have a bone to pick.
                          |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                            IDF women = the best women you will ever see.

Oh my jesus.
                            Isnt that a bit of an oxymoron?

Comment

Yes, it is. I'm not Jewish, but boy...

Being in the IDF would have 1 big benefit...
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X