Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sums it up for me !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sums it up for me !

    Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice??? Think about it .


    All I have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS? I celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't celebrated by everyone, we can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings. It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break.. Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday? We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.

    This says it all!

    This is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa newspaper.


    IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.

    I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept 11,
    we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans.However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

    I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America.
    Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants.
    However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.
    This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.
    As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.


    We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic,Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
    Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

    "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women,on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

    If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change,and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.
    This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

  • #2
    Re: Sums it up for me !

    Sorry, Phillis but I think your a little over the top with this one. I celebrate your right to freedom of speech and presenting your opinion but...its a blatantly racist article.

    You can't just tell anyone who doesn't speak english and isn't a christian to get the heck out of the country.
    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Sums it up for me !

      Originally posted by phyllis
      Will we still be the Country of choice and still be America if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that came to live in America because it is the Country of Choice??? Think about it .


      All I have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS? I celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't celebrated by everyone, we can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings. It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break.. Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday? We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.

      This says it all!

      This is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa newspaper.


      IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.

      I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept 11,
      we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans.However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

      I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America.
      Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants.
      However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.
      This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.
      As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.


      We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic,Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
      Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

      "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women,on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

      If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change,and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.
      This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

      Pretty funny stuff, coming from a people who took over the land to start with. The right to bitch and moan apparently only applies if you're bemoaning "Anti-American" things.

      Seriously, the right to leave?!? The author of that little essay can go right ahead and be my guest.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

      Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Sums it up for me !

        Originally posted by GhostintheShell
        Sorry, Phillis but I think your a little over the top with this one. I celebrate your right to freedom of speech and presenting your opinion but...its a blatantly racist article.

        You can't just tell anyone who doesn't speak english and isn't a christian to get the heck out of the country.
        While I agree with the spirit of your reply, language and religion have nothing in common with "race" in this context. This article is prejudiced and jingoistic, but it is not racist. I'm so tired of that word being misused.

        That said, the article contradicts itself or is ignorant of American history. As stated, our nation was founded by immigrants. They didn't all speak English or believe in the christian god, either. They did work hard for themselves and for their new country. They struggled to integrate themselves and their family into mainstream society. Some of them went to unfortunate extremes to ensure their family grew up American and some families lost connections to their family's culture, including language.

        The problem today is that some of our legal immigrants and most of our illegal immigrants don't care about our country. They defy our laws and make no attempt to integrate their families into our society. Instead, they are creating their own society. And due to the fact that this society already operates outside the law (because of the high percentage of illegal immigrants), it's a haven for criminal immigrants. A vicious circle is then created when US authorities attempt to enforce criminal and immigration laws, while being attacked by "politically correct" immigrant's rights groups that disgustingly stand up for these lawbreakers. The wedge between law abiding citizens and residents and the immigrants that flout our laws is driven deeper and deeper every day.

        MEANWHILE, our borders remain uncontrollable due in part to this legal and political struggle that is tying up our valuable resources all across the nation.

        I don't know what's going to fix this problem, though. I've lost all hope of any politician having a serious impact on this issue. Corporations like being able to outsource jobs without moving their operations anywhere...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Sums it up for me !

          If the phrase "In God We Trust" is the national motto and is on every dollar bill I spend, I see no need to further advertise a religion I do not subscribe to to young minds in their formative years.

          If you believe in god, that's fabulous. Go to church, teach that religion to your children, and be happy. Be blessed.

          I simply ask that you allow me the liberty and freedom to teach my child MY beliefs without having the educational system merely recognizing the validity of YOUR beliefs. Small children get confused on what is right and wrong, and are very concerned with getting the facts straight. If the government is telling my child what he is supposed to believe and I say otherwise, it leads to unneccessary involvement of Washington in my home.

          Believe whatever you want to, practice it however you want to. Please allow me to do the same without interference.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Sums it up for me !

            Originally posted by =luna=
            Believe whatever you want to, practice it however you want to. Please allow me to do the same without interference.
            Exactly ! :D

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Sums it up for me !

              You are exactly right Cing, I used the wrong word in that situation. I think I was so stunned by the article Phillis posted I lacked thought in what I wanted to say.

              BTW, Phillis how can you agree with the article, and with what Luna's saying?

              The article is saying quite plainly, if you aren't english speaking and a christian get the heck out of the US. What I comprehend from Luna's comment is a message about tolerance.

              IMO, the government needs to be less involved in religion, in order to maintain impartiality and further create a culture of tolerance. Christian's may see this as a restriction of right, but its necessary so as not to appear as if the government favors one religion over any other.

              Who knows, someday you may have a president that is a minority non-christian. (Asian, Indian, Black, whatever.)

              It would be encouraging to see a visible-minority non-christian as the President of the USA. Anyone have any objections to that idea?
              Last edited by GhostintheShell; 10-13-2004, 09:10 PM.
              Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
              Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Sums it up for me !

                Originally posted by GhostintheShell
                You are exactly right Cing, I used the wrong word in that situation. I think I was so stunned by the article Phillis posted I lacked thought in what I wanted to say.

                I read letters and articles like that all the time. I feel the authors' frustration, but the are frequently misguided (like I feel this one was). Regardless of their misplaced frustration, mark my words, our (US and Canada's) immigration problems, if not fixed soon, are going to ruin our countries.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Sums it up for me !

                  Originally posted by GhostintheShell
                  IMO, the government needs to be less involved in religion, in order to maintain impartiality and further create a culture of tolerance. Christian's may see this as a restriction of right, but its necessary so as not to appear as if the government favors one religion over any other.
                  Who's mandate is this? There's no law to that effect. If you're talking about so-called "separation of church and state" that only states that Congress may not pass a law establishing a religion eg. The Church of America.

                  John McCain surprised me with what he said just before the elections started. I can't remember the exact quote but to paraphrase: One day America will no longer exist as we know it today. My job is to keep that day as far in the future as possible. I think that sums up my view on immigration. Assimilation is key. I had a college Professor chastise me for using the term melting pot instead of salad bowl. But in a Salad bowl the little carrots always end up in the bottom and the large lettuce pieces on top. Everything is segregated and that is exactly what "diversity" is doing to the US. Everybody has a xxxxx-Americans club, but don't you dare start a middle class median income white boy club you damn racist. I don't get it. This isn't what MLK jr. was fighting for, he was fighting for equality, not separate but equal.
                  New to TG?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Sums it up for me !

                    I saw the article as "stop making us change what we have been doing for 200 years to make you feel more comfortable." I don't see why in the last 10 years, we have ripped out every traditional image or phrase from our society... It was good enough to last from 1776 to 1996, why is it wrong now?

                    while it was extreme, the frustration level to produce it is very understandable.... I hate having to readjust my way of life to make room for someone else's whining and getting their way. a young straight white male (yswm) in this country will never get the same chance as anyone else. going for a job? better hope a female, or handicapped or african-american isnt going for it too.... they might sue if they dont get it for dicrimination. trying to get to college? better hope the quotas are filled up before they start looking to give you your scholarships. want to make a male only, white only, or heterosexual only membership based organization. OMG, duck and cover, here comes the ********storm. but you will see black only, female only, and homosexual only organizations everywhere. "THE MAN" isn't keeping anyone down, so STFU!


                    Like I said, the frustration level is there. I can see where he is coming from, and if you cant, you either 1) dont fall into the yswm category, 2) do not live in america, 3) are voting for kerry. (I had to do it), or 4) or have not really seen the bs that this contry has to offer. I have tried to get small business grants for a long time, and in my area, minorities are really just that... most of the population is white. I have been turned down because I did not fall under a category that was being supported by the government. They want minorities to get businesses going. so screw me, I have all the advantaged I need... cause my skin is light, I have a penis, I'm under 35, and I like girls.... yessir, I have got it made, boy.
                    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

                    If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

                    Comment

                    Connect

                    Collapse

                    TeamSpeak 3 Server

                    Collapse

                    Advertisement

                    Collapse

                    Twitter Feed

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X